2017 FF Soccer Draft Vote R1: djw vs nick

amac

Vote on who you think would win the matchup. To vote post in the thread and specify who you think would win in bold. Anyone can vote, but votes for your own team won't count. Explanations encouraged.

@djw4bucs

Formation: 4-3-3 

LW: Marco Reus

ST:Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

RW:Bernardo Silva

CAM:Henrikh Mkhtaryan

CM:Luka Modric

CM:N'golo Kante

LB:Danny Rose

CB:Virgil Van Dijk

CB:Sokratis

RB:Lukasz Pizczek

GK: Gianluigi Donnarumma

http://bit.ly/2ftpe8f

vs

Team NickChowaniec

vgYtePs.png

Nick. I like his defense more. His attack has proven more in the last couple seasons and while his midfield isn't as good I think it's got a good dynamic and Ozil pulling the strings for Kane, Dembele and Bale without having to worry about his defensive work is a good mix. 

Nick is the winner here imo

GK - Nick wins
FB - Nick clearly wins.  Carvajal is top 2 at RB and Alba is probably Top 5-6.
CB - Close, and may be a push.  If I had to chose, I'd say djw wins
DM/CM pair - I'll take Modric/Kante over N'Zonzi/Verrati, but not by much. djw wins 
AM - Nick wins here
ST - While Auba is a great striker, on current form, there might not be a better striker in the world than Kane. Nick wins

10 minutes ago, drd23 said:

GK - Nick wins
DM/CM pair - I'll take Modric/Kante over N'Zonzi/Verrati, but not by much. djw wins 
AM - Nick wins here
ST - While Auba is a great striker, on current form, there might not be a better striker in the world than Kane. Nick wins

Any way I can talk you out of being a Ravens fan? I live Baltimore and while I love the city the fans are just insufferable.

Djws midfield trio are incredible, they would be very hard to stop. But, Nics front 3 and defense are better. Kane and Bale is also what Spurs fans dream of (and not in a Real Madrid shirt :().  Nick wins imo. 

6 hours ago, drd23 said:

GK - Nick wins
AM - Nick wins here

I agree with this. Although I think Modric and Kante are a clear level above N'Zonzi and Verratti. 

There's a real dearth of top CBs I've noticed. I'd probably give djw the edge here too as I don't rate Glik that highly. 

Nick for me. 

This is a tough match up that has me going back and forth. Both teams are well built and does not have a glaring formational weakness. As a team, I like djw’s side better. I love the midfield and feel like there is a really solid backline compared to Nicks. However, I am unconvinced by the attacking line up especially with the assumption that you are getting a post injured Reus. On the other hand, Nick has a superb attack with Kane, Dembele, Ozil that can create goals which is crucial in stingy affairs like knock out games. In the end, I think I’m going to go with Nick’s. I think his team will be able to sit back and defend better. Gilk and Silva are both smart defenders and N’Zonzi/Verrati will do a good job protecting them. I feel like Dembele and Bale will be effective on the counter and can create a nice counter attack goal for Kane. I see this going 1-0 ish to Nick/

This is the hardest matchup to vote for. On one hand, Nick squad is probably better than djw. However, djw midfield is so good that I think it will be able to disrupt what Nick wants to do on offense and control the pace of the game. Modric to Auba can be golden on counterattacks to. Based on this specific matchup, I'll follow my guts and go with djw, but I don't have a great explanation for it tbh. djw 2-1 in OT

Have to give this one to Nick.  Outside of Modric and Kante combo, I feel Nick has the advantage everywhere else.  Think Nick will be able to defend well enough to limit the damage djw can do while there should be enough between their 4 attackers to produce goals and win.

Archived