Week 7 - Rams vs Bears - MNF

RamRod

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I thought the NFL rules stated he had to wait 8 games to return?

They’ve continually worded the ruling in just strange ways. We couldn’t activate him until he was out 6 weeks. After 6 weeks we had 3 weeks to put him on the 53 or either release him or put him on long term IR.

5 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Let’s go

I think it’s safe to see he’s playing this week. Only question is what kind of shape he’s in. No pre season or anything for him. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was a bit limited and was a full go next week. Regardless, great to finally have him

We are 4-2 because we have sweep the NFC ****.

We can't even win against a decimated niners defense so don't expect to see us win against the tough Bears defense. 

The only way we win is that the Bears offense will be worst than our offense. 

It will be quickly ugly. 

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

We can't even win against a decimated niners defense so don't expect to see us win against the tough Bears defense. 

It will be quickly ugly. 

I was waiting for your classic post lol. So the Rams only is (4-2) because of the NFC East? It’s not because they are top 10 offense, top 5 defense, top 5 rush offense, top 5 in sacks, top 10 in points allowed, top 3 in pass defense, top 10 in 3rd down offense, top 10 in 3rd down defense, top 10 in point differential, best defense in the 2nd half, Goff best passer rating in the 4th quarter, 4 out of the 6 games score a td on the opening drive which means the Rams start fast, Goff only been sacked 7 times which is amongst the lowest in the NFL AND the Rams are top 5 in the least amount of committing penalties. It has NOTHING to do with all of that it only has to do with playing the NFC East right? 

Makes no sense because if the Rams wasn’t good they could be (4-2) but unimpressive barely beating teams and most if not all those categories I mentioned would be average to below average. Now you already have a built in reason that if the Rams beat the Bears its because their offense is terrible except we already know their offense is terrible. Rams offense is top 10 across the board and the Bears offense is bottom 20s across the board. The only way the Rams struggle is if they play uncharacteristically like they did against the Niners and I can’t see a great coach like McVay having his team play back to back uncharacteristically bad games. Plus if you think about the Niners game they were desperate at home and the Rams coming back from a long trip from Washington after traveling to Philly and Buffalo already within a four week span. Not an excuse but certainly can’t be ignored the crazy traveling the Rams were doing the first month or so of the season to the east coast. But we shall see Monday against the Bears. I can’t wait. 

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I was waiting for your classic post lol. So the Rams only is (4-2) because of the NFC East? It’s not because they are top 10 offense, top 5 defense, top 5 rush offense, top 5 in sacks, top 10 in points allowed, top 3 in pass defense, top 10 in 3rd down offense, top 10 in 3rd down defense, top 10 in point differential, best defense in the 2nd half, Goff best passer rating in the 4th quarter, 4 out of the 6 games score a td on the opening drive which means the Rams start fast, Goff only been sacked 7 times which is amongst the lowest in the NFL AND the Rams are top 5 in the least amount of committing penalties. It has NOTHING to do with all of that it only has to do with playing the NFC East right? 

Makes no sense because if the Rams wasn’t good they could be (4-2) but unimpressive barely beating teams and most if not all those categories I mentioned would be average to below average. Now you already have a built in reason that if the Rams beat the Bears its because their offense is terrible except we already know their offense is terrible. Rams offense is top 10 across the board and the Bears offense is bottom 20s across the board. The only way the Rams struggle is if they play uncharacteristically like they did against the Niners and I can’t see a great coach like McVay having his team play back to back uncharacteristically bad games. Plus if you think about the Niners game they were desperate at home and the Rams coming back from a long trip from Washington after traveling to Philly and Buffalo already within a four week span. Not an excuse but certainly can’t be ignored the crazy traveling the Rams were doing the first month or so of the season to the east coast. But we shall see Monday against the Bears. I can’t wait. 

I don’t get how people think beating Dallas and keeping them to 17 points is no big deal lmao we literally had no idea what they would come out and do since McCarthy was out of football. Regardless of their win/loss, that’s a top 2 offense. We destroyed Washington.. in every phase, who has a hell of a front 7. Giants have shown they aren’t good but can hang. It was POURING that game. Philly same thing..  not saying it’s impressive that we beat these teams but we did what we had to do. Yes we lost to the bills, on a game where we actually exploded in the second half and had a call kill us. It is what it is. We’ve allowed two touchdowns all year in the second half. As for The niners, it was clear as day it simply wasn’t our night. It happens.. and the fact that it’s a division game against the niners who are by far the best team in the nfl when it comes to “next man Up”. I was so upset we lost.. but even in the Super bowl run the niners had they had an entire team on IR half way through the year and they just kept winning. It’s what I give them most credit for. There’s reason to be concerned at times. But there’s no reason to think we aren’t a playoff team. We have the toughest schedule aside from maybe Seattle coming up. Now we’ll see. 

24 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I don’t get how people think beating Dallas and keeping them to 17 points is no big deal lmao we literally had no idea what they would come out and do since McCarthy was out of football. Regardless of their win/loss, that’s a top 2 offense. We destroyed Washington.. in every phase, who has a hell of a front 7. Giants have shown they aren’t good but can hang. It was POURING that game. Philly same thing..  not saying it’s impressive that we beat these teams but we did what we had to do. Yes we lost to the bills, on a game where we actually exploded in the second half and had a call kill us. It is what it is. We’ve allowed two touchdowns all year in the second half. As for The niners, it was clear as day it simply wasn’t our night. It happens.. and the fact that it’s a division game against the niners who are by far the best team in the nfl when it comes to “next man Up”. I was so upset we lost.. but even in the Super bowl run the niners had they had an entire team on IR half way through the year and they just kept winning. It’s what I give them most credit for. There’s reason to be concerned at times. But there’s no reason to think we aren’t a playoff team. We have the toughest schedule aside from maybe Seattle coming up. Now we’ll see. 

I’ll just say this, the Seahawks played a bad Vikings and Falcons team plus played the same Cowboys team and got shredded defensively from every team they faced. Nobody calling their record out because of the teams they faced. Heck nobody thought the Pats would be good and the Seahawks beat them and the Dolphins. At least entering Week 1 and 2 people thought the Cowboys and Eagles would be better than the Pats, Falcons, and Dolphins all of whom the Seahawks beat up on. Their victories are less impressive but nobody is talking about it. That’s because they have Wilson. People doubt Goff and his success and the Rams success people just don’t want to straight up admit they are wrong about Goff but rather say the Rams only look good because they played the NFC East. So I just come to terms with that.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

First thing i will say Yes. And second thing, you can't bring more laughable stats than this....yes we are top 1 in using the timeout in the 1st drive, top 2 passing defense when Ramsey gets an INT with yellow shoes, Top offensive team in NFL between the 46 min and the 54min, Best defense in the NFL between halftime....

We 've got a very easy schedule and we were better than the NFC East team but not by much. Except against the Washington team, it was a 1 scoring play at the beginning of the 4th quarter so we hardly beat them, it' snot like we were crusing or something. 

Even the Bills i questionned their record as they only beat the Jets  and Dolphins at the time.

The toughest scheduled has started last week. 

14 hours ago, MDY10 said:

We keep them at 17 points but they keep us at 20 pts so what's the point of that ? The giants keep us at 17 pts and that's a very mediocre team on both side, is that good ? 

13 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I’ll just say this, the Seahawks played a bad Vikings and Falcons team plus played the same Cowboys team and got shredded defensively from every team they faced. Nobody calling their record out because of the teams they faced. Heck nobody thought the Pats would be good and the Seahawks beat them and the Dolphins. At least entering Week 1 and 2 people thought the Cowboys and Eagles would be better than the Pats, Falcons, and Dolphins all of whom the Seahawks beat up on. Their victories are less impressive but nobody is talking about it. That’s because they have Wilson. People doubt Goff and his success and the Rams success people just don’t want to straight up admit they are wrong about Goff but rather say the Rams only look good because they played the NFC East. So I just come to terms with that.

Again i'm not saying Goof is a bad QB but people that are saying he has stepped up this year errrr what can i say ? I don't think so. 

26 minutes ago, Flounch said:

First thing i will say Yes. And second thing, you can't bring more laughable stats than this....yes we are top 1 in using the timeout in the 1st drive, top 2 passing defense when Ramsey gets an INT with yellow shoes, Top offensive team in NFL between the 46 min and the 54min, Best defense in the NFL between halftime....

We 've got a very easy schedule and we were better than the NFC East team but not by much. Except against the Washington team, it was a 1 scoring play at the beginning of the 4th quarter so we hardly beat them, it' snot like we were crusing or something. 

Even the Bills i questionned their record as they only beat the Jets  and Dolphins at the time.

The toughest scheduled has started last week. 

We keep them at 17 points but they keep us at 20 pts so what's the point of that ? The giants keep us at 17 pts and that's a very mediocre team on both side, is that good ? 

Again i'm not saying Goof is a bad QB but people that are saying he has stepped up this year errrr what can i say ? I don't think so. 

I’ve just come to terms no matter what the Rams do they won’t be any good to you. If you have good eyesight you should be able to see the Rams are a better team this year. They aren’t perfect but they are a top 10 team in the NFL. According to you though they are bottom feeders who found success early only because they faced the NFC East. Well they have the Bears and the Dolphins so none of those games will matter if the Rams win because you already made it known in so many words the Bears are bad and I know you are going to say the Dolphins are bad too with a rookie QB making his first start. So your excuses will continue so I’ve just come to those terms. 

6 hours ago, Flounch said:

Considering that the point of a football game is to score more points than the other team.. yes.. I think its a good thing we scored 20 and they scored 17...

Let’s make the Bears beat us by throwing the football....AShawn Robinson is coming back so our run defense should improve; all the ILBs have to do is play clean up, but their tackling has been dreadful lately so that might be asking a lot. 

The Rams offense needs to run the ball until it’s completely stifled, and even then it’ll set us up for play action and other wonderful things. 
 Tonight’s to do list is 

1. Run the ball 

2. Stop the opposing team from running the ball

3. Consistency from interior linebackers 

23 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

Let’s make the Bears beat us by throwing the football....AShawn Robinson is coming back so our run defense should improve; all the ILBs have to do is play clean up, but their tackling has been dreadful lately so that might be asking a lot. 

The Rams offense needs to run the ball until it’s completely stifled, and even then it’ll set us up for play action and other wonderful things. 
 Tonight’s to do list is 

1. Run the ball 

2. Stop the opposing team from running the ball

3. Consistency from interior linebackers 

The Rams are too 10 across the board rushing offense except for rush yards per attempt. They are 14th averaging 4.3yds. Last season they were 29th averaging 3.7yds.

Believe it or not the Rams are 12th in rush defense and in the last 3 games they are 7th. 

I think across the board the Rams should win this game comfortably. Even protecting the QB the Rams are top 5 in lowest sack % allowed and they  played Philly and Washington who are both top 6 in sacks and sack % on opposing QBs. So unless the Rams play uncharacteristic football again which I don’t see McVay having this team play back to back games like that the Rams should definitely cover 6pts and I say when by at least 10pts. 

On 10/24/2020 at 11:59 AM, Flounch said:

It will be quickly ugly. 

That same 49ers team just stomped Belicheck. 

I do get your point about the only wins coming against NFC East teams, but the Eagles were able to hang in there with the Steelers and the Dak-led Cowboys team was still pretty good. 

Cooper Kupp should have a big bounce back game tonight.

Also, figuring out the Rams backfield is even impossible for Vegas because it's impossible to find more than just an O/U for Henderson's rush yards. No receptions, no lines on Akers or Brown. Pretty funny no one has a clue.

The line on John Reynolds scoring a TD is higher than Kupp and Woods for the first time this year. Very interesting as to why though 🧐