Week 7 - Rams vs Bears - MNF

RamRod

Really felt like this game was a blow out. Took their foot off the gas. Not hard for a defense to force 3 and outs when they know you’re done passing with 13:00 left in the game. Defense played well, and so did Hekker. Only two touchdowns allowed by the defense in the second half all year. Pretty impressive considering the bears got inside the 10 twice tonight in the second half. Aside from quitting on offense in the 4th we dominated a 5-1 team. 

Great win. The only two lowlights was the missed kick and Woods fumbled. Outside of that the Rams defense looks Superbowl ready. Rams offense is physical another 165yd rushing performance. Goff only was sacked once. That’s playoff football when you can run, protect your QB, and play strong defense. Rams are for real and if anyone can’t see that then I can’t help them. Now just get ready or Sloman and Forbath is an improvement and the Rams are a complete team ready to make another Superbowl run. 

Edited by stl4life07

27 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Great win. The only two lowlights was the missed kick and Woods fumbled. Outside of that the Rams defense looks Superbowl ready. Rams offense is physical another 165yd rushing performance. Goff only was sacked once. That’s playoff football when you can run, protect your QB, and play strong defense. Rams are for real and if anyone can’t see that then I can’t help them. Now just get ready or Sloman and Forbath is an improvement and the Rams are a complete team ready to make another Superbowl run. 

Not too Much to be upset about. I do think there were some bone headed play Calls by Mcvay tonight but he called a pretty good game overall. Surprised to see Akers yet again get so few touches but malcom and Henderson ran great. It was also nice to see some players step up on defense while Donald is getting so many pressures and double teams. Jalen imo hasn’t been too great but I hope he can rebound. He was lucky a few times tonight. The injury to Burgess was gruesome. It’s safe to say he’s out for the year. Maybe if the price is right they can bring in Harrison Smith since he will be cheap and Minnesota will pay half his salary. And then as for Hekker.... best punter of all time. 

43 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Not too Much to be upset about. I do think there were some bone headed play Calls by Mcvay tonight but he called a pretty good game overall. Surprised to see Akers yet again get so few touches but malcom and Henderson ran great. It was also nice to see some players step up on defense while Donald is getting so many pressures and double teams. Jalen imo hasn’t been too great but I hope he can rebound. He was lucky a few times tonight. The injury to Burgess was gruesome. It’s safe to say he’s out for the year. Maybe if the price is right they can bring in Harrison Smith since he will be cheap and Minnesota will pay half his salary. And then as for Hekker.... best punter of all time. 

I think Akers is still recovering, so McVay is taking it easy with him. I expect him to have a bigger role after the bye.

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I think Akers is still recovering, so McVay is taking it easy with him. I expect him to have a bigger role after the bye.

I totally forgot that Ashawn Robinson had a chance to play.. im guessing he didn't? I feel like id have definitely noticed lol 

This was a really strong game accross the board. Im really happy with our performance on Primetime. Selfishly I wanted us to apply more pain on offense to finish off the game just like the Ravens, Bucs and Cowboys did to us last year, lol. My only other little disappointment was that once again Cam Ackers wasn't even worthy off garbage time to close out the game. But nevertheless what a great and much needed win, finally a win against a good team and someone other than the NFC Least, Let's Go Rams!!

Edited by RamsFan24

I know the stat sheet will say otherwise, but Goff did not look great last night. Missed Brown in the flat early in the game. Over threw Woods in the 2nd half.

Khalil Mack got the best of Havenstein on Goff's fumble so I won't count that against him, but Ive just seen some little things with Goff that worry me. He shouldn't be missing these open looks. Obvioulsy when he threads the needle to Reynolds on a 3rd and long we all say WOW (and should), but we need him to make the easy throws too. 

Defense looked lights out. Terrel Lewis with a huge play on 4th down. Burgess made two great plays before getting hurt; injury looked gruesome so I imagine done for year? Ramsey is a top 5 defensive player in this league. The money was 1000% worth it. Still need to generate an edge rush.Floyd and Lewis appear to be carbon copies of another; I have trouble telling them apart some times if I can't make out their numbers.  

Still want to know how Vegas knew Reynolds was going to have a good game. His odds to score a TD were only +165 and better than both Kupp and Woods. NO IDEA how they pegged that. 

Edited by BStanRamFan

4 hours ago, RamsFan24 said:

This was a really strong game accross the board. Im really happy with our performance on Primetime. Selfishly I wanted us to apply more pain on offense to finish off the game just like the Ravens, Bucs and Cowboys did to us last year, lol. My only other little disappointment was that once again Cam Ackers wasn't even worthy off garbage time to close out the game. But nevertheless what a great and much needed win, finally a win against a good team and someone other than the NFC Least, Let's Go Rams!!

I think Akers is still getting over the rib injury. Don't know that pounding him in garbage time is the best answer there. I expect him to have a much bigger role after the bye.

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I know the stat sheet will say otherwise, but Goff did not look great last night. Missed Brown in the flat early in the game. Over threw Woods in the 2nd half.

Goff had a shaky first half. But the miss was on Brown. He cut his route off instead of continuing up the field. They weren't on the same page.

• Like 3

Overall, it’s hard to nitpick on a game like that. We looked like the better team from start to finish and the defense played dominant. 

Never thought I’d be happy to see us miss a kick, but I was when Sloman got blocked for the 48 yard attempt when we had the big lead. Because I wasn’t worried about losing the game at that point and I’m assuming (hoping?) that that was his last chance with us and that we FINALLY move on from him. He is not an NFL kicker. 

I don’t like how conservative we went with the play calling at the very end. I understand we just wanted to kill block but still. Also, very surprised to see the lack of touches for Akers again, especially when we had the big lead—would have been the perfect opportunity to get him in there. There’s something that we’re not being told about him because otherwise it just doesn’t make sense 

Feel terrible for Burgess. He made a few big stops and it felt like he was getting more and more playing team these past few games. Awful injury. 

5-2 feels good but it only gets harder after the bye. We need to make sure we take care of Miami as we’re supposed to. 

Go Rams 

I'm still adjusting to the fact that the Rams.... might be a defensive team??? Brandon Staley's 2H adjustments are just something to marvel over. So nice to see that. Definitely have some bend-don't-break moments though.

FIRST QUARTER TIMEOUT RIGHT ON CUE.

Boy oh boy do I hate the continuous 3rd down screens... Here and there is fine, but it feels constant. I'd love to see the advanced stats on converting them, from where, and the D&D.

First few drives, man was our run game going. And then we felt like we stopped..? Why? I remember checking in the 2Q and we we're averaging 7.2 ypc..

The end of the first half confused me by both teams. Why did we not call a TO when they reached 4th down? Then we were throwing dangerous over the middle passes? Then Nagy didn't call a TO to try and get a f'd up punt/snap/return. All around weird.

I thought we got complacent way too quickly. Felt like we starting coasting and trying to run out the clock without the slightest semblance of aggressiveness by the late 3rd quarter. I hate that. Won't work against most teams.

All in all, I'm nit picking. Good win. On to Miami.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 4:38 AM, BStanRamFan said:

Khalil Mack got the best of Havenstein on Goff's fumble so I won't count that against him, but Ive just seen some little things with Goff that worry me. He shouldn't be missing these open looks. Obvioulsy when he threads the needle to Reynolds on a 3rd and long we all say WOW (and should), but we need him to make the easy throws too. 

Defense looked lights out. Terrel Lewis with a huge play on 4th down. Burgess made two great plays before getting hurt; injury looked gruesome so I imagine done for year? Ramsey is a top 5 defensive player in this league. The money was 1000% worth it. Still need to generate an edge rush.Floyd and Lewis appear to be carbon copies of another; I have trouble telling them apart some times if I can't make out their numbers.  

Still want to know how Vegas knew Reynolds was going to have a good game. His odds to score a TD were only +165 and better than both Kupp and Woods. NO IDEA how they pegged that. 

I’m harder on Goff than most are, but, come on. 

First off the Malcom brown play was Browns fault. QBs are taught to throw guys “open” or to get YAC. Brown just stopped his route and it looks like Goff overthrew him when really, Goff was trying to lead him with the ball. 

Also, Goff was playing a top 5 defense. Every QB misses some throws but it seems like it’s always highlighted whenever it’s Goff. He’s a pocket passer, when he gets pressured his timing of his feet to off and it throws off his mechanics. That’s bound to happen to any pocket passer. Expect that to happen again and again. My favorite thing I’ve seen from Goff this year vs last is when he got pressured last year he would keep the bad form and repeat it mistake after mistake 

this year he makes a bad throw on bad mechanics but corrects it by end of game. That’s huge for his development. 

Goff is not a problem yet and I wouldn’t be worried about him at all at this rate. 

Last thing, don’t expect Goff to go from last years version of himself to go to Peyton Manning this year. As long as he’s improving on the subtle things, that’s all that matters.  

Last year he would be at 0tds and 2 picks this game. 

This year he has 2 tds and 0 picks with a passer rating of 108 and it was an “off game” I’ll take that all day for an off game 

I’m impressed with Goff this season no doubt 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

I’m harder on Goff than most are, but, come on. 

First off the Malcom brown play was Browns fault. QBs are taught to throw guys “open” or to get YAC. Brown just stopped his route and it looks like Goff overthrew him when really, Goff was trying to lead him with the ball. 

Also, Goff was playing a top 5 defense. Every QB misses some throws but it seems like it’s always highlighted whenever it’s Goff. He’s a pocket passer, when he gets pressured his timing of his feet to off and it throws off his mechanics. That’s bound to happen to any pocket passer. Expect that to happen again and again. My favorite thing I’ve seen from Goff this year vs last is when he got pressured last year he would keep the bad form and repeat it mistake after mistake 

this year he makes a bad throw on bad mechanics but corrects it by end of game. That’s huge for his development. 

Goff is not a problem yet and I wouldn’t be worried about him at all at this rate. 

Last thing, don’t expect Goff to go from last years version of himself to go to Peyton Manning this year. As long as he’s improving on the subtle things, that’s all that matters.  

Last year he would be at 0tds and 2 picks this game. 

This year he has 2 tds and 0 picks with a passer rating of 108 and it was an “off game” I’ll take that all day for an off game 

I’m impressed with Goff this season no doubt 

I don't want to be the guy bashing Goff cause I'm a fan. I think his play has improved this year, but maybe my expectations are too high. He's a better than average QB(top 10-15). He's good enough to win a SuperBowl and he has some wow moments. But he also has some moments that I question what the hell he was doing. The Gipson bat down would likely of been a pick to any DB with half a brain.  His deep ball skills two years ago were almost the best in the league and this year his touch on the deep ball is off.

Short answer: My expectations of him might be too high. I want to see him be an MVP caliber player, but he's good enough to get things done. I dont agree with the Goff bashing across the league and in the media, but I also think some criticism is in order when his play warrants it.