Jump to content
RamRod

Week 7 - Rams vs Bears - MNF

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Arguments you dont like, do not make them bad arguments. We are talking about as of right now. Murray doesn't have a history of success because he doesn't have a history. It's year 2 and he is very special. And I agree you do not need to see the stats to see that Murray is special.

 

Russ Wilson wants to play until 45. Obviously that is a bit ambitious, but he is a mobile, accurate QB, with limited injury history because he has the ability to slide. Murray with his baseball history has the same approach to the game. It's his pro comparison for good reason. He takes very few hits for how mobile he is.

 

It's not just you. It's ALOT of people on the Rams board that come to the aid of anyone slightly negative on Goff even if you're complimenting him, but not fully on your knees gobbling his knob. 

1. Great. I don't see special yet. I see a guy who is a mediocre passer at this point in his career. The bad argument was acting as if I said passer rating proved Goff is better. That wasn't my argument.

2. Wilson may. But we'll have to see how effective he is in 5 years when his mobility isn't the same. The issue isn't just hits. It's the physical decline. Guys who rely on their legs lose a couple steps and suddenly can't run away from defenders like in the past. Wilson is a bit different because of his intelligence and accuracy. But his game will certainly have to change. Meanwhile, pocket passers stay great/good until they hit the proverbial wall because they don't have to change their style of play nearly as much.

3. We all have the right to disagree. It's not personal.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

I’m gonna share a little secret with you that most don’t want to hear. McVays play calling sometimes holds Goff back and puts Goff in bad spots, which force him to make bad throws. 

You have to understand it’s not always McVay helping Goff. Goff can make every throw which makes it easier for McVay to game plan around. 

Which QBs would you take over Goff other than the ones I mentioned?

I stand by that McVay is an incredible coach, incredible play designer, average play caller given situations.

I think Goff is so nervous to F up that he fails to trust himself and make last second kills and call his own plays. Maybe he will gain that skill.

The ones you mentioned plus EASILY Watson. For one year and one year only? Everyone on that list. Probably not this year Brees.

I think McVay could coach and design better to each one. (Again, those two stipulations. Play calling is different for me.)

Edited by btfd16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

I stand by that McVay is an incredible coach, incredible play designer, average play caller given situations.

I think Goff is so nervous to F up that he fails to trust himself and make last second kills and call his own plays. Maybe he will gain that skill.

The ones you mentioned plus EASILY Watson. For one year and one year only? Everyone on that list. Probably not this year Brees.

I think McVay could coach and design better to each one. (Again, those two stipulations. Play calling is different for me.)

Nobody is disputing that McVay isn’t a great coach. 

Theres no coach I would rather have in the league, including BB over McVay right now 

but the fact remains that he sometimes abandons the run and forces Goff to do things he normally wouldn’t do 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Nobody is disputing that McVay isn’t a great coach. 

Theres no coach I would rather have in the league, including BB over McVay right now 

but the fact remains that he sometimes abandons the run and forces Goff to do things he normally wouldn’t do 

I was agreeing with you. But I think where McVay can hurt Goff with it, I think those other QBs can overcome it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, btfd16 said:

I stand by that McVay is an incredible coach, incredible play designer, average play caller given situations.

I think Goff is so nervous to F up that he fails to trust himself and make last second kills and call his own plays. Maybe he will gain that skill.

The ones you mentioned plus EASILY Watson. For one year and one year only? Everyone on that list. Probably not this year Brees.

I think McVay could coach and design better to each one. (Again, those two stipulations. Play calling is different for me.)

That's definitely not true. As for how other QBs would do here, I have no idea. I know Goff executes the scheme well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jrry32 said:

That's definitely not true. As for how other QBs would do here, I have no idea. I know Goff executes the scheme well.

All of his flaws were on display the first drive. Am I ticky tacky? Sure. But he has his play calling struggles. 
 

edit: not sure why were never allowed to criticize McVay or Goff

Edited by btfd16
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, btfd16 said:

All of his flaws were on display the first drive. Am I ticky tacky? Sure. But he has his play calling struggles. 
 

edit: not sure why were never allowed to criticize McVay or Goff

There's no such thing as a perfect play-caller. Every coach has flaws. McVay is one of the top four play-callers in the NFL. We constantly keep defenses on their toes. Does he do things that frustrate me from time to time? Yes (especially when he abandons the run). But Saints, Chiefs/Eagles, and 49ers fans say the same things about Sean Payton, Andy Reid, and Kyle Shanahan, who are the other three guys in the top four imo. And I'm not sure why people in this forum complain when their opinions are challenged. Are we supposed to not push back when we disagree with your criticisms? Jeez.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2020 at 5:59 PM, btfd16 said:

All of his flaws were on display the first drive. Am I ticky tacky? Sure. But he has his play calling struggles. 
 

edit: not sure why were never allowed to criticize McVay or Goff

I dont  get it either. I enjoy the back and forth on topics, that's why I come on here, but there are people who will not criticize Goff on this board. McVay I've seen more people jump on when his play calling is out of wack, but Goff is a princess here lol🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...