John Ross Demands Trade

SmittyBacall

I don't understand why the team doesn't try to utilize him at all.  Like give him an end around or let him try to return punts, etc...

This coaching staff seems to be content just being in close games where they keep losing.  I don't care if Ross fumbles and losses us a game, Zac Taylor has what 3 wins? At least take the risk of Ross fumbling a punt vs. Erickson and his 3 yard punt returns...

17 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I don't understand why the team doesn't try to utilize him at all.  Like give him an end around or let him try to return punts, etc...

This coaching staff seems to be content just being in close games where they keep losing.  I don't care if Ross fumbles and losses us a game, Zac Taylor has what 3 wins? At least take the risk of Ross fumbling a punt vs. Erickson and his 3 yard punt returns...

Put me in the confused category as well.

In addition to the Ross thing, who could be a fantastic gadget player for them, they also have Geno and Dunlap riding the pine in crucial defensive scenarios when street FA's picked up a week ago are in the game.  

PLUS, those players are making public comments which tells me that Zac, the communication guy, is keeping them in the dark on their role.

The wheels are falling off for Zac's coaching career.  

• Like 1

Regarding Ross in particular, they could try giving him a handful of snaps per game and doing some specific things with him.  Kind of like Lewis in '03 with Peter Warrick.  The guy wasn't a great receiver, but they found ways to get him involved and let him make a handful of plays.  

Instead it's either 60 snaps or 0 with Ross.  The former is not good for the team, and the latter is getting nothing out of a great athlete.  

It's bad coaching.

History tells us that extended snaps for Ross likely ends in an injury, so why not at least use his speed to back the safeties up?  Send him on 20-25 go routes a game, and maybe you hit a big play or two, but at the very least it would open up the middle more if they have to respect his speed.

• Like 2

On 10/22/2020 at 12:36 AM, THE DUKE said:

History tells us that extended snaps for Ross likely ends in an injury, so why not at least use his speed to back the safeties up?  Send him on 20-25 go routes a game, and maybe you hit a big play or two, but at the very least it would open up the middle more if they have to respect his speed.

Yeah. Run 15 go routed on their no.1 corner in the first half then put a good wr on him. 

At this point does he have + speed or is more like regular nfl fast? 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

We run a 3-4. Don't know that he'd fit.

Eh Lawson wouldn't fit either, tbh.  He's a 4-3 rush end, and has been much improved in defending the run.  You want nothing to do with him at OLB.  He can't even drop into coverage once without being a problem.

And obviously he doesn't have the size or skill set required to be a 3-4 DE.

• Like 1