NFC Least battle for #1: No D @ No Name

Matts4313

2 hours ago, D82 said:

So what?  The run game DOES NOT MATTER.  

Do you guys remember when Moose was pointing out that opposing RBs run for about double their average against Dallas defense?  I think Moose thought that he was pointing out something negative against our defense.  Moose obviously doesn’t understand advanced analytics.  Such an idiot.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

So what?  The run game DOES NOT MATTER.  

Do you guys remember when Moose was pointing out that opposing RBs run for about double their average against Dallas defense?  I think Moose thought that he was pointing out something negative against our defense.  Moose obviously doesn’t understand advanced analytics.  Such an idiot.

Le Sigh. You still dont understand the premise of the thread. 

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Trading them is more advantageous for cap purposes than cutting.

You mean with Dalton at QB? Because when Dak was QB all 3 of them had pretty similar production.

Depends on cost, imo. IF he cost ~$12m/yr when Coop is ~$20m/yr, its a no brainer to keep gallup.

Hindsight, I agree. 

Yes, i meant with Dalton at qb.  I like Gallup, but Cooper is clearly better and I don't know how effective Gallup would be without Cooper here, even with Lamb staying.

I understand trading them is more advantageous than cutting them. However, trading DLaw and Elliott still results in a cap hit rather than a cap savings.  If the cap is $175 million and we resign Dak, I dont see how we can trade anyone where the trade actually takes up additional cap space.

Just now, Revenant said:

Yes, i meant with Dalton at qb.  I like Gallup, but Cooper is clearly better and I don't know how effective Gallup would be without Cooper here, even with Lamb staying.

I understand trading them is more advantageous than cutting them. However, trading DLaw and Elliott still results in a cap hit rather than a cap savings.  If the cap is $175 million and we resign Dak, I dont see how we can trade anyone where the trade actually takes up additional cap space.

Trading Coop and Zeke adds about ~$17m in cap space this year. Trading them before the draft adds about $30m in cap space. 

Also I Coop is probably a little better because he is more versatile. He runs more short routes, unlike Gallup.

Once again. The interior of the Defense seems to be getting smashed. POE and CRAWFORD or WHOMEVER they have there cannot hold up. Even when we on passing downs...running a 4 man front the Skins ran the ball on us. The interior open up like the Dead Sea and our LBs got wash over by their OL. Additionally, there seems to be TONS of confusion with the Defense getting set. Players out of position etc...then the ball is snap and DOOM. This is the worse I have seen since Jimmy Johnson had the 1-15 team. The secondary have communication problems while playing zone and in pick plays. 

On the offense, the OLINE seem to have given up. Leaks everywhere. Zeke got blown up by a LB. Shultz doesn't know who to block. Dalton had poor blitz recognition while in shot gun. Drop balls by CeeDee. Dalton passing to Zeke by targeting his shoulder. Why even KM put Zeke in that position knowing he is not a great pass catcher. He is too short to be running those routes. Max protection? NOPE. Horrendous performance. I even felt back for Dalton who was seen yelling at the OLINE. They didn't even fight for him. 

Edited by atran35

22 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Trading Coop and Zeke adds about ~$17m in cap space this year. Trading them before the draft adds about $30m in cap space. 

Also I Coop is probably a little better because he is more versatile. He runs more short routes, unlike Gallup.

Okay, I see your point about cap space. I was looking at the cap hit if we trade these players after the season is over during the 2021 year.

I didnt even realize how much cap space we could save if we traded Gallup, Griffen, Elliott, Poe and Jaylon Smith this year.  

Not that I think we could find people to take them off our hands, but I would take less than value on Griffen, Smith, and Poe just to get them off the books.

17 minutes ago, Revenant said:

Not that I think we could find people to take them off our hands, but I would take less than value on Griffen, Smith, and Poe just to get them off the books.

It’s sad that I agree about the return value on Smith.   I’m leery of trading him as I believe he can recover under different guidance.  It isn’t happening  within this scheme. He’s a total mess.

Edited by WizardHawk