Dolphins name Tua starting QB

RaidersAreOne

Like I feel bad for Fitz because he's no where near playing bad but Tua is the future... with a solid OL, he can certainly benefit from actual reps.

It's weird though... I would've never expected this, from Flores' previous comments. I have to believe this was always going to be the plan if the OL was healthy enough.

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I don’t understand this thinking, has Ryan Fitzpatrick fooled you like he has about 5 other teams into thinking he’s good with a minor hit stretch? You know he’s going to implode sooner rather than later. If Tua is 100% healthy let him play he’s the better option to win and they are a game out of 1st place.

I can't blame anyone for not watching the Fins play, because, well, they're the Fins.  But nobody that has watched all the games could possibly come to the conclusion that Fitzpatrick has been good.  He will have a play or two where he is impressive, but then turn around and throw into triple coverage and the DB somehow has the ball doink off his chest. I think it was the Seattle game where he would have thrown 5 INTs had it not been for drops by the defense.  He was a fine bridge QB for Tua in a season where there were no preseason games.  He allowed Tua to get up to speed with the NFL game and was able to learn some things.  But this team isn't about 2020.  It's about 2021 and beyond.  It's time to get Tua those invaluable reps.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I don’t understand this thinking, has Ryan Fitzpatrick fooled you like he has about 5 other teams into thinking he’s good with a minor hit stretch? You know he’s going to implode sooner rather than later. If Tua is 100% healthy let him play he’s the better option to win and they are a game out of 1st place.

I personally enjoy watching Fitzmagic play, but that's besides the point. He has not given them any reason thus far to bench him. If anyone says they predicted Miami to be a game out of first place in the AFC East at this point in the season, they would be lying. At least give him a chance to "implode"; it's not like Miami has Super Bowl expectations this season.

Really, my critique is more so in regards to concern for Tua than any affinity towards Fitzpatrick. You bench your starter who has the team on a 2 game win streak, to throw your rookie into the fire against the Rams and Aaron Donald in his first start. What happens if he has a horrible game? What happen if the team suddenly goes on a losing streak, due in part to the performance of Tua and the overall morale of the team wanes? The only person that suffers in that scenario is Tua.

• Like 2

Interesting that Goff made his first career start at home against the Dolphins. He had 7-0 lead too before Fisher went conservative in three 4th Q and the Rams lost. Tua will be making his first career start at home against the Rams. Should be interesting. 

Edited by stl4life07

3 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I personally enjoy watching Fitzmagic play, but that's besides the point. He has not given them any reason thus far to bench him. If anyone says they predicted Miami to be a game out of first place in the NFC East at this point in the season, they would be lying. At least give him a chance to "implode"; it's not like Miami has Super Bowl expectations this season.

Really, my critique is more so in regards to concern for Tua than any affinity towards Fitzpatrick. You bench your starter who has the team on a 2 game win streak, to throw your rookie into the fire against the Rams and Aaron Donald in his first start. What happens if he has a horrible game? What happen if the team suddenly goes on a losing streak, due in part to the performance of Tua and the overall morale of the team wanes? The only person that suffers in that scenario is Tua.

The thing is, you know Fitzpatrick is gonna implode. It’s inevitable.  He’s literally done it every time.

Better to do it now than wait for the inevitable.  Especially if you think Tua is ready.

Fitz is playing decently, but as stated, it wont last.   Tua may not take the much further, but I wouldn't trust Fitz too either.

Fitzpatrick is probably the best backup in the league, but you dont want to depend on him long term.

Flores was playing the long game. He was so coy about Tua even getting garbage time snaps, telling the press that their questions are what made him do it against the Jets. Now, 2 passes later, Tua gets his start.

Fitz was definitely playing well, but if Tua is ready, then he needs to play. Simple as that.