Dolphins name Tua starting QB

RaidersAreOne

I don't love that it will be against that D-line of the Rams, but it does give them 2 weeks to prep to specifically handle Aaron Donald.  TUA TIME, BABY!

Also, an obligatory "Thank you for your service" to Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Dude is genuinely a good guy and a terrific teammate.  Couldn't have asked for a better bridge QB to help Tua out.

• Like 1

Aaron Donald is indeed trial by fire or the best way to potentially test that hip. Looking to the future it needs to happen but I hate that it happened to Fitz. They are not legitimate contenders this year and letting Tua get experience now will potentially pay dividends next year. 

23 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

Aaron Donald is indeed trial by fire or the best way to potentially test that hip. Looking to the future it needs to happen but I hate that it happened to Fitz. They are not legitimate contenders this year and letting Tua get experience now will potentially pay dividends next year. 

I mean, ya say that but... given there are now three wildcard teams, we could very much be in play for that last wildcard spot the way things look now.

It's safe to say one of Pittsburgh or Baltimore has the first wildcard spot... the other two will be fought over by the Browns, Colts, Raiders, Broncos, Patriots, and, of course, us. To say nothing of the Bills suddenly looking vulnerable, too.

56 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean, ya say that but... given there are now three wildcard teams, we could very much be in play for that last wildcard spot the way things look now.

It's safe to say one of Pittsburgh or Baltimore has the first wildcard spot... the other two will be fought over by the Browns, Colts, Raiders, Broncos, Patriots, and, of course, us. To say nothing of the Bills suddenly looking vulnerable, too.

I would love to buy in, but they need to beat a legit team first.  Jags/Jets/NinIRS aren't exactly a murderer's row.  

47 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I would love to buy in, but they need to beat a legit team first.  Jags/Jets/NinIRS aren't exactly a murderer's row.  

Obviously, yes.

But we destroyed those teams and were competitive in every one of our losses (and all of those teams are strong playoff contenders... save maybe the Patriots).

28 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Obviously, yes.

But we destroyed those teams and were competitive in every one of our losses (and all of those teams are strong playoff contenders... save maybe the Patriots).

I think this is a, playing the long game move. We are not KC, Balt, Pitt.. those teams are ready now. Fitz has shown us that this group can and will compete. We start Tua now, with additions and growth next off season we "might" be a play off team next year, but for that to happen, Tua needs experience and this is the time to get it with a core that can and will compete.  

You are right we could keep Fitz playing but to what end? He will not be the starter next year, and I am not going to start with the premise we belong in the discussion with the top echelon of the AFC. We are a middle of the pack team but trending the right way. I'd rather get some of Tua's growing pains out of the way this season.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

It's not like the secret wouldn't be out of the bag once it's reported Tua is taking all of the starting reps in practice...

I've read that when we were working on the Wildcat, the Dolphins asked the press to not report it, and they complied.