Dolphins name Tua starting QB

RaidersAreOne

Well, I wanted Tua on the bench further into the season.  Patrick Mahomes sat his whole rookie season, and it turned out well for him.

On the other hand, this might say more about the o-line than Fitz or Tua.  Obviously the coaches and FO feel that he will be protected well enough based on the improvement we've seen.

I knew this would happen for you guys but a bit shocked on the timing. I could understand if fitz was struggling but he seemed to have lit up the Niners and Jets 550 yds 5 td and 2 int in the last 2 games not to mention. Not to mention a solid qb rating of 95 this season, top 5 in completion percentage too at 70.1%. I am not saying he is wowing teams but you guys are 3-3 and only a game and half behind the bills for the division to make the change now is just weird to me. The local news questioned it last night when I was watching too. So I am not sure why the team is pushing tua to start now when they could be primed to make a playoff push now that they surpassed the Patriots in the division. 7 playoff spots this year puts 2 teams in 3 divisions to possibly make it. Again I knew this day would come just surprised they did it now with things finally clicking for both sides of the ball. I know fitz is a nice guy but with the way he is playing you have to wonder if he wants to sit on the bench or ask for a trade, Dallas is in need of a qb and he may just be a good fit for them since they are still winning the division because it is that awful.

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I knew this would happen for you guys but a bit shocked on the timing. I could understand if fitz was struggling but he seemed to have lit up the Niners and Jets 550 yds 5 td and 2 int in the last 2 games not to mention. Not to mention a solid qb rating of 95 this season, top 5 in completion percentage too at 70.1%. I am not saying he is wowing teams but you guys are 3-3 and only a game and half behind the bills for the division to make the change now is just weird to me. The local news questioned it last night when I was watching too. So I am not sure why the team is pushing tua to start now when they could be primed to make a playoff push now that they surpassed the Patriots in the division. 7 playoff spots this year puts 2 teams in 3 divisions to possibly make it. Again I knew this day would come just surprised they did it now with things finally clicking for both sides of the ball. I know fitz is a nice guy but with the way he is playing you have to wonder if he wants to sit on the bench or ask for a trade, Dallas is in need of a qb and he may just be a good fit for them since they are still winning the division because it is that awful.

Well he was completely abusing a practice squad DB on the 49ers... we should've honestly scored more than 24 points versus New York

I assume he is 100% healthy, prepped and ready to go, it's  time to see what he can do he has 10 weeks to  make it happen and prove he is durable. If he fails Miami has draft capitol to go after another QB next draft. I am personally more worried about durability then talent, I have no doubt he will be better then Tannehill or Fitzpatrick by this time next season.

3 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

I assume he is 100% healthy, prepped and ready to go, it's  time to see what he can do he has 10 weeks to  make it happen and prove he is durable. If he fails Miami has draft capitol to go after another QB next draft. I am personally more worried about durability then talent, I have no doubt he will be better then Tannehill or Fitzpatrick by this time next season.

no

Tannehill was a legitimate talent and is showing how good he was on the Titans.

I mean I was his biggest supporter here... but no. I have high hopes for Tua but I doubt he surpasses Tannehill for some time. I do hope that he eventually does, however.

• Like 1

Tua absolutely is a more talented QB than Tannehill.  But it's tough to say that he will be "better" than Tannehill the next couple years due to the teams they are on.  The Titans are an extremely QB-friendly team right now.  Good O-line.  Amazing running game.  Good pass catchers.  Good coaching staff and coordinators.  Those are all things that Miami hopes they are moving towards, but the Titans already have them.  

3 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Tua absolutely is a more talented QB than Tannehill.  But it's tough to say that he will be "better" than Tannehill the next couple years due to the teams they are on.  The Titans are an extremely QB-friendly team right now.  Good O-line.  Amazing running game.  Good pass catchers.  Good coaching staff and coordinators.  Those are all things that Miami hopes they are moving towards, but the Titans already have them.  

Oh, I'd agree completely.

Tannehill is far more experienced though. What I wasn't saying wasn't a knock on Tua at all, but one can't expect rookies to play like one of the best QBs in the NFL  right away.

• Like 1