Weak 7 Game Day Thread: @ Houston

incognito_man

Best Ty or Tyler of this game?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Best Ty or Tyler of this game?

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

Worst 4-2 team of all time???

Oh come off it - it's not about the record at all. If we lose to the Texans, we really need to start re-evaluating this team and question whether or not the first four weeks were a fluke and can it be more than a one-n-done in the playoffs if we can even get there. We've discussed how bad our DL is outside of Kenny Clark ad nauseum, just like we've discussed systematic flaws in Pettine's system. Plus, you can't help but think MLF won't want to start thinking about making a change if we have yet another defensive meltdown, especially if Johnson and Johnson run all over us. Then where are we with the OL, was this past Sunday a fluke or an issue that will rear its ugly head several more times.

10 hours ago, Joe said:

Oh come off it - it's not about the record at all. If we lose to the Texans, we really need to start re-evaluating this team and question whether or not the first four weeks were a fluke and can it be more than a one-n-done in the playoffs if we can even get there. We've discussed how bad our DL is outside of Kenny Clark ad nauseum, just like we've discussed systematic flaws in Pettine's system. Plus, you can't help but think MLF won't want to start thinking about making a change if we have yet another defensive meltdown, especially if Johnson and Johnson run all over us. Then where are we with the OL, was this past Sunday a fluke or an issue that will rear its ugly head several more times.

nope if we lose we are without a doubt the worst 4-2 team in the history of pro sports through 6 games

33 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

nope if we lose we are without a doubt the worst 4-2 team in the history of pro sports through 6 games

Playoffs start now i guess! :)

If we go to 4-2, lets just pack it in to get a high draft pick. Instead of try for the playoffs. 

i mean, we are 4-2, definitely nothing there. Rodgers was the 2nd mvp candidate after 4 games. He had a bad game. Tank the year. those 4 games were flukes.

lol, pack it in at 4-2.... I hope you are never a coach, Joe.

Check out this 4-2 team the first 6 games of the year.

at 13-3 Dallas Cowboys    L 35–45    
at 13-3 Green Bay Packers    L 13–35    

at 9-7 Washington Redskins    W 24–17    
8-8 Philadelphia Eagles    W 16–3    
4-12 New York Jets    W 35–24   
at 4-12 Atlanta Falcons    W 31–10    

doesnt look too good. got detroyed by good teams, looked good against terrible teams, and had flawed games against average teams.

the 2007 Giants who beat the undefeated Patriots in the super bowl. Too bad they didnt pack it in that year.

Also, did the 2010 packers look great at 3-3? no they did not.

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

2010 we allowed 18 points per game the first 6 weeks and Rodgers missed most of the Redskins game due to a concussion. 

We're allowing a full TD and 2 point conversion more and we've been extremely healthy.

This is not a turn it around midseason defense, this is a defense that is only going to get worse with less health.

Pettine can't field a good defense with everyone healthy.  He can't field a good defense period.  Everyone in the NFL knows what he's going to do. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

2010 we allowed 18 points per game the first 6 weeks and Rodgers missed most of the Redskins game due to a concussion. 

We're allowing a full TD and 2 point conversion more and we've been extremely healthy.

This is not a turn it around midseason defense, this is a defense that is only going to get worse with less health.

Pettine can't field a good defense with everyone healthy.  He can't field a good defense period.  Everyone in the NFL knows what he's going to do. 

Agree with this ^^^^.  Who’s going to step in if Pettine is canned and do better?  I’m just legitimately curious and could get on board the Fire Pettine train if the right candidate is waiting somewhere out there.

4 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Agree with this ^^^^.  Who’s going to step in if Pettine is canned and do better?  I’m just legitimately curious and could get on board the Fire Pettine train if the right candidate is waiting somewhere out there.

It’s Jerry Gray in the interim.  Has to be somebody young for next year.  Defensive coordinators are only good for about three years before everybody knows what they’re gonna do.  

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It’s Jerry Gray in the interim.  Has to be somebody young for next year.  Defensive coordinators are only good for about three years before everybody knows what they’re gonna do.  

I’m on board the “let’s give MLF a chance to select his guy” bus.  I’m also ok if that happens sooner than later, so if it’s Gray, fine.  I’ll stroke out next time I see soft coverage on a 3rd and short.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

I’m on board the “let’s give MLF a chance to select his guy” bus.  I’m also ok if that happens sooner than later, so if it’s Gray, fine.  I’ll stroke out next time I see soft coverage on a 3rd and short.

Let's organize a March on Lambeau event.  We will stay 9 yards away from each other instead of the CDC recommended 6 feet apart, just like our defensive backs do against opposing receivers.  My sign will say, "Pettine Sucks.  Fire Pettine." 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Let's organize a March on Lambeau event.  We will stay 9 yards away from each other instead of the CDC recommended 6 feet apart, just like our defensive backs do against opposing receivers.  My sign will say, "Pettine Sucks.  Fire Pettine." 

I would fly to Lambeau for that!!!

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

you figured it out....Pettine is protecting our guys from Covid.