Weak 7 Game Day Thread: @ Houston

incognito_man

Best Ty or Tyler of this game?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Best Ty or Tyler of this game?

Just now, AustrianPacker said:

In 2012, week 5, we lost to a Bruce Arians coached Colts, after a lead. #12 (Luck) and #87 (Wayne) were the main reason for their comeback. 

The week after we played the Texans

I'll remember that Texans game for the rest of my life only because that was like three weeks after the worst thing that ever happened to me in my life and that was the first day I felt like things might take some semblance of being okay.  Still remember where I was and who I was with when I watched that Texans game. 

The Colts game the week before I was so drunk and out of life I vividly recalled it being a Packers win and didn't realize it turned into a loss until like four weeks later. 

9 hours ago, AustrianPacker said:

In 2012, week 5, we lost to a Bruce Arians coached Colts, after a lead. #12 (Luck) and #87 (Wayne) were the main reason for their comeback. 

The week after we played the Texans https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PONW9KJGjgo&feature=emb_err_woyt

Easy win

I miss this offense. 

I don't miss Marshall Newhouse at LT

ESPN -  With the Las Vegas Raiders preparing to place right tackle Trent Brown on the reserve/COVID-19 list, the team sent home all five of its starting offensive linemen on Wednesday due to contact tracing, coach Jon Gruden said.

"I guess they were around Trent," Gruden said in a video call with reporters. "I can't get into things any more than that. But hopefully we'll get some players back tomorrow, or for Sunday."

Not good. 

Packers very likely to be without Bakh, Savage, Ervin and Lancaster on Sunday. I'm guessing Tonyan will play because he's been doing work on the side at least. 

Also, Bakh "not present" worries me. That suggests testing/2nd opinions still going on, which is never a good thing. It'll be telling between now and Sunday to see if he goes on IR. If not, the Packers obviously feel that he'll be ready to play in 1-2 weeks.

Really hope they don't put Wagner at LT. Gotta go Jenkins-Patrick-Linsley-Turner-Wagner 

Looking at Will Redmond in place of Savage against Fuller-Cooks-Cobb-Stills, plus a couple of athletic TEs. Should be fun. 

Edited by packfanfb

Just wondering if anyone thinks Jon Runyan might start at left guard instead of Patrick? I realize that Patrick has more years of experience, but when I see him play he looks like a much better fit for right guard where you can be very strong but a little slower and stiffer. The left guard position in many offensive line schemes usually requires a more athletic player who traps and pulls down the right side of the line for right-handed offenses. And Runyan did look pretty decent in his debut.  But, hey, I admit to being pretty darn ignorant about NFL offensive line play. Thouhts?