Weak 7 Game Day Thread: @ Houston

incognito_man

Best Ty or Tyler of this game?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Best Ty or Tyler of this game?

Anyone else feel that it's pretty piss poor planning to have Aaron Jones as the "replacement" for Ervin's role? I mean, it basically takes Jones out of the natural RB position on a number of snaps, when the team simply should have added another player to the roster (even the PS) who could have filled that role in the event Ervin went down for a few games. 

In fact, I seem to remember a guy who was available in the draft who maybe (just maybe) could have filled that role: 

Laviska Shenault, Colorado WR: 2020 NFL Draft profile - cleveland.com

• Like 2

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Anyone else feel that it's pretty piss poor planning to have Aaron Jones as the "replacement" for Ervin's role? I mean, it basically takes Jones out of the natural RB position on a number of snaps, when the team simply should have added another player to the roster (even the PS) who could have filled that role in the event Ervin went down for a few games. 

In fact, I seem to remember a guy who was available in the draft who maybe (just maybe) could have filled that role: 

Beginning to think you wanted us to draft a wr

36 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

The narrative seems like it has mostly been that Green Bay can beat weak teams, but can't handle good physical teams. Not sure what category some of you put houston in, but I think I'm going to go ahead and not worry about this. Looking forward to how this team bounces back.

Probably comes down to defense for us. You could argue this is the best grouping of offensive weapons we've played against this year including a mobile QB. I mean Watson could literally run for 150 on us. 

Or just maybe our defense shows up with a plan and executes it. If they do, we win easily.

6 hours ago, packfanfb said:

It's not like Shepherd couldn't have filled this role and ESB ran similar plays in college frequently.

It's a piss poor excuse, not piss poor planning....

....God I hate the excuses coaches make when we lose...*cue the Letterkenny hockey coach*

• Like 1

16 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Why do you believe having your best runner and second best catcher running jet motion is poor planning?

35 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Why do you believe having your best runner and second best catcher running jet motion is poor planning?

Once in a while is fine. Using Jones in jet motion 10-15 times a game (basically as a decoy) is wasteful for a guy who is a great RB. He's more dangerous when he's a threat to carry the ball behind 12 or flaring out of the backfield. 

58 minutes ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse -    Looks like a good chance the Packers won't have LT David Bakhtiari, S Darnell Savage and CB Kevin King on Sunday.

Plus Aaron Jones. Saying he's a game-time decision. When's the last time a "game-time decision" guy played? 

Guess it's A.J. Dillon time.