Weak 7 Game Day Thread: @ Houston

incognito_man

Best Ty or Tyler of this game?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Best Ty or Tyler of this game?

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

Again, against a lower tiered OL. I'm not sure what part of we should have dominated this OL you don't understand. I'm not denying what happened, but the story of the day should've been how we shut their offense down, maybe even shut them out altogether; especially with the level of EDGE play we've had the past two seasons.

Sheesh, some people are rude huh.

17 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

MVS is back to looking totally lost out there. The guy couldn't ask for more opportunity than he's gotten the last 5 weeks and he's totally **** the bed. 

He's not out there looking totally lost. He's out there looking abandoned. He has 100 damn yards in the 2nd quarter of that Bucs game if Rodgers could throw a deep ball at a D1 QB level.

17 minutes ago, Joe said:

Again, against a lower tiered OL. I'm not sure what part of we should have dominated this OL you don't understand. I'm not denying what happened, but the story of the day should've been how we shut their offense down, maybe even shut them out altogether; especially with the level of EDGE play we've had the past two seasons.

Not sure where you are coming from with this when HOU put up 21 vs PIT and hasn't been held below 16 all season.  Saying GB "maybe should have shut them out altogether" says more about you looking for something to complain about than anything the defense did or didn't do today. 

28 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's not out there looking totally lost. He's out there looking abandoned. He has 100 damn yards in the 2nd quarter of that Bucs game if Rodgers could throw a deep ball at a D1 QB level.

And how many more yards does he have if he can hold onto the ball or run a proper route? But, yeah, Rodgers is to blame for MVS.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's lost. Useless on any non 7,8,9 route.

How would we know? That's all we're running him.

Every single zone buster has him clearing for Adams and the man to man reps where they're on the same side of the field have him scraping for Adams, and when he's on the opposite side of the field, our QB only has eyes for Adams' side of the field. 

We're running the Michael Thomas passing offense. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

And how many more yards does he have if he can hold onto the ball or run a proper route? But, yeah, Rodgers is to blame for MVS.

Watch the second and third quarter of that Bucs game and tell me MVS is the issue in that duo. 

You can't be turning WRs into defenders by throwing deep balls short in the NFL. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Watch the second and third quarter of that Bucs game and tell me MVS is the issue in that duo. 

You can't be turning WRs into defenders by throwing deep balls short in the NFL. 

lol Rodgers was getting pressured to the gills so yeah, he was rattled. What about the other 5 and a half games of tape? Nah. 2 quarters shows more than 5 and a half games. MVS sucks. Get over it.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

lol Rodgers was getting pressured to the gills so yeah, he was rattled. What about the other 5 and a half games of tape? Nah. 2 quarters shows more than 5 and a half games. MVS sucks. Get over it.

You can watch most of the other games to see this as well. MVS is used in a way that's different than Adams. This isn't a McCarthy offense built to spread the ball around. It's an offense intended to get one guy the ball. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

How would we know? That's all we're running him.

Every single zone buster has him clearing for Adams and the man to man reps where they're on the same side of the field have him scraping for Adams, and when he's on the opposite side of the field, our QB only has eyes for Adams' side of the field. 

We're running the Michael Thomas passing offense. 

They're only running him on that because we finally have a staff that doesn't force players to do things they aren't good at. I've seen enough MVS tape to know he has no awareness of landmarks, or intricacies of route running. Give him those 3 routes and the occasional man beating crosser and call it a day. MVS is a #3/4, subpackage WR. He needs 10-15 snaps a game and that's all he'll ever be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You can watch most of the other games to see this as well. MVS is used in a way that's different than Adams. This isn't a McCarthy offense built to spread the ball around. It's an offense intended to get one guy the ball. 

Gee, I wonder why that is...I don't know how you don't take that as an indictment on MVS lol. And LOL if you expect them to use MVS the same way they use Adams. MVS couldn't run 95% of the routes Adams runs.

I've never seen someone defend such an average WR as staunchly as AG does MVS. It's year 3 and he's made zero progress in his route running abilities. But, yeah, blame Rodgers who you expect to be perfect all the time and not the 5th round project WR that's turning into a marginal NFLer because he simply doesn't have the football IQ to be anything more than a deep threat.