Weak 7 Game Day Thread: @ Houston

incognito_man

Best Ty or Tyler of this game?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Best Ty or Tyler of this game?

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They're only running him on that because we finally have a staff that doesn't force players to do things they aren't good at. I've seen enough MVS tape to know he has no awareness of landmarks, or intricacies of route running. Give him those 3 routes and the occasional man beating crosser and call it a day. MVS is a #3/4, subpackage WR. He needs 10-15 snaps a game and that's all he'll ever be. 

He should be getting a deep shot each quarter and game reps to work this stuff rather than forcing balls to Davante in the 4th quarter of decided games. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

He should be getting a deep shot each quarter and game reps to work this stuff rather than forcing balls to Davante in the 4th quarter of decided games. 

I don't disagree he should be our focal point for vertical attack, but it's a total waste to play him as a #2. Try EQ or Taylor there honestly. See what they do with the increased snaps. MVS should see a dozen snaps as a focal point or a decoy, all attacking vertically.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I've never seen someone defend such an average WR as staunchly as AG does MVS. It's year 3 and he's made zero progress in his route running abilities. But, yeah, blame Rodgers who you expect to be perfect all the time and not the 5th round project WR that's turning into a marginal NFLer because he simply doesn't have the football IQ to be anything more than a deep threat.

I think MVS is rather average. But having an average receiver as your #2/#3 is a good thing. Rodgers is getting paid 30 million. MVS is getting paid like 2 per. 

We're not losing games because of MVS. We are occasionally losing games because of Rodgers. And I get that's a thing that happens when you look at usage rates, but man our fanbases hatred of our WRs pisses me off to no end. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think MVS is rather average. But having an average receiver as your #2/#3 is a good thing. Rodgers is getting paid 30 million. MVS is getting paid like 2 per. 

We're not losing games because of MVS. We are occasionally losing games because of Rodgers. And I get that's a thing that happens when you look at usage rates, but man our fanbases hatred of our WRs pisses me off to no end. 

We've lost 4 games in two years. Oh, the horror! We didn't lose last week because of Rodgers. We lost because every single aspect of the team got their **** pushed in. Blaming Rodgers is just blind af and disingenuous. He was bad but every single aspect of our team was bad last week. It happens.

And, no. In today's game, having an average WR as your #2 is not a good thing. Here's the thing with that comment anyways...MVS isn't a #2. At all. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't disagree he should be our focal point for vertical attack, but it's a total waste to play him as a #2. Try EQ or Taylor there honestly. See what they do with the increased snaps. MVS should see a dozen snaps as a focal point or a decoy, all attacking vertically.

For the routes are that these guys are running, MVS does it better than either one of those guys. We legit run MVS vertically as a zone buster on like 2/3 of our plays. 

If we see Cover-3, and Adams is on the boundary, MVS motions to the slot and runs a post to the opposite hash every time. 

That interception against Tampa, is what happens when you get predictable with this nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

MVS is not average to an aging QB. You have a QB who's playing at an MVP level, but you think he should defy age and still chuck it 60 with no problems every time. 

MVS is a young QBs #2 WR. Give Rodgers Lazard and he uses that style infinitely better. Not a knock on MVS and he still has use on this roster, but getting the #2 snaps is a total waste.

• Like 1

We've lost 4 games in two years. Oh, the horror! We didn't lose last week because of Rodgers. We lost because every single aspect of the team got their **** pushed in. Blaming Rodgers is just blind af and disingenuous. He was bad but every single aspect of our team was bad last week. It happens.

And, no. In today's game, having an average WR as your #2 is not a good thing. Here's the thing with that comment anyways...MVS isn't a #2. At all. 

Rodgers was bad. Rodgers killed 4 drives in a row by himself in that second quarter and didn't really fix much going into the 3rd and 4th. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We lost last week because we got mentally weak, the first player to get mentally weak, was Rodgers.

We had total control of that game.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers was bad. Rodgers killed 4 drives in a row by himself in that second quarter and didn't really fix much going into the 3rd and 4th. 

K

You're just unreasonable when it comes to this ****. I mean, we're 5-1 and Rodgers has been MVP level in all 5 wins and you're pissing and moaning about the 1 game he looked like a 37 year old QB. Give me a ******* break.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

MVS is not average to an aging QB. You have a QB who's playing at an MVP level, but you think he should defy age and still chuck it 60 with no problems every time. 

MVS is a young QBs #2 WR. Give Rodgers Lazard and he uses that style infinitely better. Not a knock on MVS and he still has use on this roster, but getting the #2 snaps is a total waste.

Is Rodgers at an MVP level or have we played awful defenses so far?

K

You're just unreasonable when it comes to this ****. I mean, we're 5-1 and Rodgers has been MVP level in all 5 wins and you're pissing and moaning about the 1 game he looked like a 37 year old QB. Give me a ******* break.

Rodgers is cashing an MVP level check. That's the expectation.