100 TD Watch

onejayhawk

Monday, Mahomes topped 90 career TDs, in his 37th start. This is a new NFL record for fewest games to 90. The previous holder was Dan Marino, who did it in 40. Mahomes finished the game with 91 career TDs thrown. At this pace, Mahomes will throw #100 during one of the November games--Jets, Panthers, Raiders, Bucs. 
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/patrick_mahomes_bests_dan_marino_with_latest_touchdown_mark/s1_127_33126680

November
Jets at home - 5 TD = 97
Panthers at home -
Bye
Raiders in LV
Bucs in TB

J

Edited by onejayhawk

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

Given the Jets trajectory this season, can't rule out he gets it then.

I'm thinking opposite - that's a game that's done by the end of the first quarter, Mahomes might be in cruise control by the start of the 2nd quarter with CEH and Bell getting the bulk of the work.

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm thinking opposite - that's a game that's done by the end of the first quarter, Mahomes might be in cruise control by the start of the 2nd quarter with CEH and Bell getting the bulk of the work.

Your underestimating the Jets ability to leave wrs wide open on. Without even trying, the chiefs are gonna throw a 40burger up on the jets.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Your underestimating the Jets ability to leave wrs wide open on. Without even trying, the chiefs are gonna throw a 40burger up on the jets.

Well, yes I agree - and a week ago, I would concede - but I have a feeling Lev Bell is going to have a Derrick Henry-type game. 

Mahomes might only attempt four passes total.

20 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Monday, Mahomes topped 90 career TDs, in his 37th start. This is a new NFL record for fewest games to 90. The previous holder was Dan Marino, who did it in 40. 

Wow, shows how great Marino was to do it in that era. Phenomenal!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Wow, shows how great Marino was to do it in that era. Phenomenal!

Dan Marino is remembered as the best thrower in the history of the NFL. Even without titles, he was in the conversation for GoaT til Brady essentially settled the discussion. It is noteworthy that Marino also had a pair of speed WR, often called the Marks Brothers--Mark Duper and Mark Clayton. His 5000 yd, 48 TD season was the standard for almost 30 years. He also played in the Super Bowl as a rookie, but four sacks and two pick played their part in a 49er win. It was his only time in the championship. 

J

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

Doubt it. Mahomes has been highly "meh" for a few weeks now. His stats don't show it, but he has been. If they go up on the Jets early Reid and (especially) Mahomes will want a beat down to make a statement.