Zac Taylor’s Culture and Future

SmittyBacall

3 hours ago, theJ said:

Depends on how it happens, but ya, that's probably what it means.

Is there any evidence of that?  I can't really recall anyone off the top of my head that's torn the same ACL twice.  I'm sure it's happened, but there dozens of these every year, and the rate of reoccurrence doesn't seem to be high.  It seems to be non-existent.  I wouldn't worry about Burrow.  Especially when you consider most QB ACL tears seem to be on the front leg, and that's the one he injured.

RG3 and Thomas Davis have famously had multiple ACL injuries to the same leg. You can argue they were able to come back twice for RG3 and several times for Davis but they also weren't as good after their injuries as before. 

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

RG3 and Thomas Davis have famously had multiple ACL injuries to the same leg. You can argue they were able to come back twice for RG3 and several times for Davis but they also weren't as good after their injuries as before. 

I would have been surprised if there weren't any.  This rate of reoccurrence doesn't seem like a big deal to me.  But what do i know.

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Well, that's 2 out of the tens of thousands of players who have played over that span.

On 12/11/2020 at 5:58 PM, sparky151 said:

No, those are two off the top of my head. Tens of thousands of players in the NFL haven't had knee injuries as severe as Burrow. 

His knee injury was pretty run of the mill.  The MCL is different, but doesn't increase the severity of the ACL.  It just delayed the surgery slightly.

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Normal teams wouldn't keep Taylor for 2021. With the Bengals, it's a fair bet they do. Maybe they put him on double secret probation to win 3 or more games next year. 

Not after yesterday, unless you never want to get vets to sign here.  They way he benched Gio for getting stripped from behind after not fumbling for 6 plus years tells it all.  Jordan got a million chances.  the vets?  One and done.

Speaking of Taylor.  Remember how everyone used to bang on Marvin for the lack of halftime adjustments?  Well here's one for you.  If you take out the Jax game where we scored 17 points, the Bengals have totaled 22 points in 12 games in the third quarter.  That's 1.8 f******g points per third quarter, from a supposed offensive guru.

HE. HAS. TO. GO

• Like 2

If I had to guess, it would appear as so Zac’s job is safe for another year. Credit to him. The game-plan was spot on and the boys came raring to play. They were truly outmatched and laid a whooping anyway. Will we come to regret keeping him on another year? Maybe. But were going to exhaust the option anyway.

Having said that, clearly there are still some coaching changes that need to be made. So I ask you:

Which coaches are fired and which are retained?

Some people call for Anarumo’s head, but I actually think he’s been okay all things considered. Jim Turner is the main villain, and rightfully so, the line has been terrible (regardless of personnel). Personally, I think Anarumo stays and Turner gets canned. What do you guys think?

32 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

If I had to guess, it would appear as so Zac’s job is safe for another year. Credit to him. The game-plan was spot on and the boys came raring to play. They were truly outmatched and laid a whooping anyway. Will we come to regret keeping him on another year? Maybe. But were going to exhaust the option anyway.

Having said that, clearly there are still some coaching changes that need to be made. So I ask you:

Which coaches are fired and which are retained?

Some people call for Anarumo’s head, but I actually think he’s been okay all things considered. Jim Turner is the main villain, and rightfully so, the line has been terrible (regardless of personnel). Personally, I think Anarumo stays and Turner gets canned. What do you guys think?

Yeah, the defense has shown more life than the offensive line. That's really the only change I think there's a hope for.

10 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

At this point I don’t think anyone gets axed. It goes against Zac Taylor’s message that “we’re all in this together.” The excuse was already built in, and now they beat the Steelers.

they will Give him and his staff another year. 

I have a hard time seeing us win 3-4 games in consecutive years and seeing zero chances, even for the Bengals.

53 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

At this point I don’t think anyone gets axed. It goes against Zac Taylor’s message that “we’re all in this together.” The excuse was already built in, and now they beat the Steelers.

they will Give him and his staff another year. 

Please no.  Turner HAS to go.  And Lou isn't far behind.  

It really gets down to who is available and is interested.  If they insist on keeping Taylor, mandate that the other two get replaced by veterans.  Best outcome?  Zimmer at DC (highest paid DC in the league to make it work) and Callahan Sr for the OL.  Then we'd have three possible mid season replacements if he fails again early on (Simmons being the other)

• 2 weeks later...