Zac Taylor’s Culture and Future

SmittyBacall

48 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I don’t trust PFT as a reliable Bengals source. Or any source, for that matter. 

Could happen, though. I’m indifferent at this point as long as the assistants are gutted.

Wiki had Joe Brady as the next HC, but when i went to post the link later for everyone, it had been changed.

Well he is the owner and made the announcement that no relief from Taylor's reign of error would be coming soon. 

He just needs to find someone even brighter and more energetic than Zac. The local 6 AM news anchors are being interviewed for the job.

I still stand by the moving on from Marvin was the right call, even knowing everything we know about Taylor so far.  Even if Taylor doesn't end up being the guy, we moved out of purgatory.  Might have to spend a little time in hell, but at least the possibility of something better exists.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 2

I think they should have moved on from Marvin after the San Diego playoff game. But 2 wrongs don't make a right. Keeping Marvin was wrong as is keeping Taylor now. 

Mike Brown probably looks at the Steelers and Ravens and thinks the key to their success is continuity. But it's not, it's actually hiring good people in the first place. Taylor will be a lame duck coach and everyone knows it. We can maybe get some free agents by overpaying but no potential coach wants to come here for 1 year of losing if they have other options. Any other NFL team is probably a better option as are some college programs. So we get scraps. Then wonder why we don't win. 

54 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Except Zac Taylor isn't the GM.  Is he supposed to not play Burrow until the line is better?  That's Twitter rage monkey logic. 

i was talking about the video portion, not the tweet that was sent in to him which was clearly just trying to get a laugh out of someone 

5 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Joe Brady had a HC interview with the Texans yesterday, and another with the Falcons today.

If he turns out to be a good coach I am going to be very bitter. 

He'll almost certainly have better results than Taylor. He's very probably a better coach in his own right but will certainly be in a better situation with either franchise than whomever coaches the Bengals. And that's with the Texans not having their top 2 picks and the Falcons in major cap trouble.