Raiders sign DL David Irving

agarcia34

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is not coincidence is it? He'd been training in Vegas and is a Marinelli guy. Optics look like they've had this in the cards.ย 

Excited about it. Hoping he's in a good place and can bring some much needed strength to that Dline.

Doesn't seem like a coincidenceย 

I wonder why we signed him?

1. Plays a premiere position
  2. Addresses a major need
  3. Flashed elite player years ago
  4. Is only 27
  5. Familiarity with Rod M
  6. Training in Vegas apparentlyย 

If he loves his weed too much still and isn't focused, cut. If he flashes character concerns, cut. Such a low risk but high reward (no pun intended). I love it.

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

Isnโ€™t this the guy who quit football while smoking a blunt and posting it to YouTube? Although if we can control him, Iโ€™m all for it! Heโ€™s definitely a good player. Hopefully heโ€™s super motivated to succeed.ย 

That's him! He' apparently a massive cannabis advocate and has even created a number of businesses in the industry. I doubt he's hurting for cash so him coming back seems like a passion for the sport than anything. Guess we will see how he does.

He won't be able to be around the team this week iirc due to covid guidelines but would be cool to see him suit up and get a few pass-rushes in vs. the Browns.

21 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I wonder why we signed him?

1. Plays a premiere position
  2. Addresses a major need
  3. Flashed elite player years ago
  4. Is only 27
  5. Familiarity with Rod M
  6. Training in Vegas apparentlyย 

If he loves his weed too much still and isn't focused, cut. If he flashes character concerns, cut. Such a low risk but high reward (no pun intended). I love it.

He's certainly talented and looks like a good bet for the team. With Waller in house and setting a great example maybe we think the locker room can support him and get the best out of him. I really like this signing, lots of upside and exactly what we need rushing from inside, better version of Dion Jordan.