Buyers and Sellers

The_Slamman

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones when asked on

about not trading Aldon Smith to Seattle: “I think we’re in this to still fight (in the NFC East). ... We just have to stay the course here.” Doesn’t sound like the Cowboys will be sellers before tomorrow’s trade deadline

I love this. Absolutely zero awareness of his team and where they stand.  We’re gonna be 5-11, but by god we made the playoffs!!! 😂 

Edited by WizardHawk

3 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:
Cowboys VP Stephen Jones when asked on

about not trading Aldon Smith to Seattle: “I think we’re in this to still fight (in the NFC East). ... We just have to stay the course here.” Doesn’t sound like the Cowboys will be sellers before tomorrow’s trade deadline

I love this. Absolutely zero awareness of his team and where they stand.  We’re gonna be 5-11, but by god we made the playoffs!!! 😂 

I will never fault an FO for pumping sunshine. Its part of their job. And every single FO in all of sports history does it. I dont think it reflects no awareness as it does them spitting canned answers. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I will never fault an FO for pumping sunshine. Its part of their job. And every single FO in all of sports history does it. I dont think it reflects no awareness as it does them spitting canned answers. 

I think most of us are just tired of hearing anything from the Jones's. 

To your point though, Cal McNair came out and said he thinks the Texans can make it in as WC still. 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

‘It’s true.  The Joneses and this organization are all show, zero substance....it wears on person. lol 

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

Isn’t there 2 extra WC’s this year? 

Yup.

9 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

So apparently the trade compensation for whoever it was we got at DT was a 2022 7th

Well, that's not so bad.

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Except, when it’s Jerry talking, it is a direct reflection of him not having awareness.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

‘It’s true.  The Joneses and this organization are all show, zero substance....it wears on person. lol 

Agree.  Enough talk.  It does wear on you to the point where you have no expectations for the club.  Watching the Cowboys this year I'm reminded of John McKay who endured those winless seasons as the first coach of the Bucs.  I'm paraphrasing but when asked after another loss how he felt about his team's execution, he replied "I'm in favour of it."