Buyers and Sellers

The_Slamman

Yeah this team is already blown up. We really can’t do anything with Cooper, Zeke, Dlaw. 

I’d be okay trading Gallup. He’s overrated imo. 
Trade LVE too. We won’t get our first back, probaby a day 3 pick, but Gallup will net a nice return and we Didn’t draft him very high so I guess it cancels out.

You all know I think 35 million is to much for any one player not named Mahomes. If we have 24 in cap space does that mean we’d have 76 million without Daks tag? 

27 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Make no mistake about it Dak will be franchised next year

source.gif

14 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

As would I but he really is the only player besides LVE whom the team can trade for a good return in the investment. And LVE won't net a good return because of his injury history. 

Blowing it up is unlikely. The team is stuck with those contracts 

Zeke, Dlaw and Cooper are all tradeable. 

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Yeah this team is already blown up. We really can’t do anything with Cooper, Zeke, Dlaw. 

We can literally trade any of the 3.

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

You all know I think 35 million is to much for any one player not named Mahomes. If we have 24 in cap space does that mean we’d have 76 million without Daks tag? 

Your numbers are weird. $24 + $31 =/= $76m

23 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

We can literally trade any of the 3.

Your numbers are weird. $24 + $31 =/= $76m

I was under the impression Cooper had to play 2 years on his deal before we had an out. We lose money trading Zeke. I’m mad at Zeke rn but I'm not PAYING another team to take him.  And DLaw has an out after this season right?

and I meant 56 not 76. My bad

Just now, DaBoys said:

I was under the impression Cooper had to play 2 years on his deal before we had an out. We lose money trading Zeke. I’m mad at Zeke rn but I'm not PAYING another team to take him.  And DLaw has an out after this season right?

and I meant 56 not 76. My bad

Who did I get into a big argument about GTD money with? Anyone remember? This is a great example of how not all GTD $ is the same.

If we cut any of them, we are screwed. Because they have clauses that if they are on the team this year, their money is GTD next year. But if we trade them, then the next team is on the hook for those guarantees. Not us. 

Zeke cost us $8m in cap space in a trade. So we would be under $16m in cap rollover. But we gain $60m in cap space over the next 4 years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

lol. A major injury that could be completely healed before the playoffs even start?

You don't know how he's going to play. You don't know how the mental aspect of it will play out. You don't know if he will be the same player. Why would you give a long term contract to someone coming off injury? Please name me someone who has

31 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

You don't know how he's going to play. You don't know how the mental aspect of it will play out. You don't know if he will be the same player. Why would you give a long term contract to someone coming off injury? Please name me someone who has

New Orleans and Drew Brees

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

He played the following year on the franchise tag

No. Brees played on the franchise tag during the 2005 season with San Diego. Brees was injured on Dec 31st of '05. He had surgery in January of '06. The Saints would sign him two months later. 

So, New Orleans gave Brees a lucrative contract coming off an injury. 

12 minutes ago, D82 said:

No. Brees played on the franchise tag during the 2005 season with San Diego. Brees was injured on Dec 31st of '05. He had surgery in January of '06. The Saints would sign him two months later. 

So, New Orleans gave Brees a lucrative contract coming off an injury. 

10 million a year for a QB. Sure I'd sign Dak to that contract. And don't say inflation as the nfl cap has only gone up 90 million in 15 years.

The nfl salary cap was 102 million that year. Its 190 million this year and its bound to go down this following season. So let's say it's gone up 50%. Bress signed a 10 million a year contract in 2006. 50% upcharge since the change in salary cap. That means the Cowboys shouldn't offer Dak more than 20 million a year going off of Brees contract. 

3 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

10 million a year for a QB. Sure I'd sign Dak to that contract. And don't say inflation as the nfl cap has only gone up 90 million in 15 years.

The nfl salary cap was 102 million that year. Its 190 million this year and its bound to go down this following season. So let's say it's gone up 50%. Bress signed a 10 million a year contract in 2006. 50% upcharge since the change in salary cap. That means the Cowboys shouldn't offer Dak more than 20 million a year going off of Brees contract. 

NFL contracts don't quite work like that though.

On 10/20/2020 at 9:40 PM, WizardHawk said:

Not really interested in seeing the team start selling off pieces, rather they just figure out how to be better buyers. Their FA acquisitions this year have been nothing short of abysmal. Save for Aldon Smith.  

Case in point....

Add in

Daryl Worley $3m
Clinton-Dix $2.25m

$24m for jack squat.