Buyers and Sellers

The_Slamman

On 10/20/2020 at 9:06 PM, DaBoys said:

Yeah this team is already blown up. We really can’t do anything with Cooper, Zeke, Dlaw. 

I’d be okay trading Gallup. He’s overrated imo. 
Trade LVE too. We won’t get our first back, probaby a day 3 pick, but Gallup will net a nice return and we Didn’t draft him very high so I guess it cancels out.

You all know I think 35 million is to much for any one player not named Mahomes. If we have 24 in cap space does that mean we’d have 76 million without Daks tag? 

For Zeke I don’t think you get anything. The way he’s playing and his contract you might get a 6-7 rounder. Same goes for Lawrence and cooper. Cooper you might get a day 2 pick. Lawrence has been bad for a while now. They are pretty much stuck with these guys. Zeke I would bench but you know they will never do it. God I miss the Jimmy Johnson era. 

Edited by cromagnum

1 hour ago, cromagnum said:

For Zeke I don’t think you get anything. The way he’s playing and his contract you might get a 6-7 rounder. Same goes for Lawrence and cooper. Cooper you might get a day 2 pick. Lawrence has been bad for a while now. They are pretty much stuck with these guys. Zeke I would bench but you know they will never do it. God I miss the Jimmy Johnson era. 

Disagree. I think all 3 of them would net somewhere around a 2nd each. 

• Like 1

I don’t know if you guys saw this... Jerry addressed this very issue and said the Cowboys are likely to be buyers before trade deadline.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-cowboys-more-likely-to-make-an-nfl-deadline-trade

Look, I have no problem with adding williams for the right price, but I strongly believe we should be selling.  With our current OL and all around putrid defense, we are going nowhere.  

I do not believe talent is the real issue. If Zeke were to be traded to a team like Wash, and the fear us he would destroy us twice a year, then he clearly has gas in the tank.

The problem is coaching. Or more to the point, lack there of. 

I believe there is an abundance of talent on this team. The problem is our coaches suck! And maybe it's not their fault entirely. I don't know when it happened, but somewhere along the line players got comfortable with zero accountability and owners and coaches alike seem fine with that.

The days of coaches like Lombardi, Landry, Knoll, Johnson, Parcells are gone.

Players have too damn much say, bad attitudes, minds on stuff other than football, and seem careless and disinterested at times.

Imagine a guy like Irvin on this team in this age. He would be in jail for murder!

Now, im not against cutting or trading players past their prime or oft injured players. But to bring this full circle, we have way bigger problems than some older players.

10 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

I don’t know if you guys saw this... Jerry addressed this very issue and said the Cowboys are likely to be buyers before trade deadline.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-cowboys-more-likely-to-make-an-nfl-deadline-trade

Look, I have no problem with adding williams for the right price, but I strongly believe we should be selling.  With our current OL and all around putrid defense, we are going nowhere.  

If we could get someone like Williams, it wouldn't just be about the here and now. We'd have him for three more years. 

On 10/22/2020 at 12:09 PM, D82 said:

If I could get a 3rd for Zeke and a 2nd for Cooper, I'd do it in a heartbeat. 

I seriously doubt you can get that. Running backs are not valued anymore and Zeke has been bad anyway.  Cooper is a very good player still. Problem is he has planter fascitis a injury that just doesn’t go away. Copper is going to be here if they trade any receiver it will be Gallup as he does have value.