Buyers and Sellers

The_Slamman

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I agree. He’s on pace to hit about 6 sacks this year. We could probably get something for him. Maybe.. he was just sitting on the market when we signed him. Things change though, injuries happen, and teams get antsy. He could be worth something now...

For sure, but to be even more clear, I'd bail on Griffin after the trade deadline even if we can't find a partner.

After watching the Seahawks last night... it’s real clear what needs to be done.  We need to trade DLaw to them for a second plus anything. Before someone says cap reasons prevent it.  No, they don’t.  Dallas would have to eat a greater portion of his salary this year but Seattle is $30M under the cap next year.  There is no way Seattle can do anything in the playoffs with Mayowa rushing the passer.  I speak from experience.  We just Jerry to come to the realization that there is valor in admitting defeat.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, D82 said:

Which is crazy. Because these are the kind of moves that typically boost your team. 

I mean, it just shows that football is a team game, and one budget free agent does not fix all of your problems. Several of those guys were/have been very good additions. Abandoning opportunities to land guys like Aldon Smith and Robert Quinn would be foolish.

19 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I mean, it just shows that football is a team game, and one budget free agent does not fix all of your problems. Several of those guys were/have been very good additions. Abandoning opportunities to land guys like Aldon Smith and Robert Quinn would be foolish.

No doubt. I'm certainly not saying to stop making those sort of moves. Just saying that I really think coaching (or lack thereof) has factored immensely into the franchise's overall lack of success the last several seasons. 

12 minutes ago, D82 said:

No doubt. I'm certainly not saying to stop making those sort of moves. Just saying that I really think coaching (or lack thereof) has factored immensely into the franchise's overall lack of success the last several seasons. 

We have seen it all, Good defense no offense, great offense no defense, when we think we have both, boom poor coaching or injuries set in. 

Cowboys = destin to not have greatness 😢