Jump to content

Thing For Which We Should Give Credit to Patricia and Quin


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I had a longer response but it was thrown out. 

 

Appreciate that as I’m assuming it was salty lol.
 

I may have over reacted to you two snickering, my bad wasn’t really necessary  

Edited by BigC421/
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigC421/ said:

Appreciate that as I’m assuming it was salty lol.
 

I may have over reacted to you two snickering, my bad wasn’t really necessary  

Its all good! I'm open to different perspectives and to change my opinion based on new information. I just want it based in fact over opinion. I think you did a really good job at doing that. Instead of just "PFF bad" you made a good case on why it should be questioned. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not a perfect system. But, there isn’t a perfect system. However, it’s the closest thing we got to advanced metrics and it’s by a company that’s solely focusing on advanced metrics. I don’t put my whole faith in it. But if they say we have THE NUMBER ONE RANKED RUN BLOCKING OL, then I’m going to at least believe that we have one of the best run blocking OLs. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HashtagFTW said:

It’s not a perfect system. But, there isn’t a perfect system. However, it’s the closest thing we got to advanced metrics and it’s by a company that’s solely focusing on advanced metrics. I don’t put my whole faith in it. But if they say we have THE NUMBER ONE RANKED RUN BLOCKING OL, then I’m going to at least believe that we have one of the best run blocking OLs. 

And from what I’ve seen in every game this year, there’s nothing that this line has done to not make me believe that. They’ve been way better than anticipated in both the run and the pass. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Found this interesting:

"According to Pro Football Reference’s data, Slay has allowed the most passing yards in the NFL in 2020. He has yet to record an interception for his new team, and is Pro Football Focus’ 75th-ranked corner, with an overall grade of 57.2. 

Those numbers are tied with Nevin Lawson, a former member of Detroit's defense. 

In 2020, Slay has allowed a 76.4 completion percentage and 120.1 passer rating against him -- which both represent the worst of his career."

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Found this interesting:

"According to Pro Football Reference’s data, Slay has allowed the most passing yards in the NFL in 2020. He has yet to record an interception for his new team, and is Pro Football Focus’ 75th-ranked corner, with an overall grade of 57.2. 

Those numbers are tied with Nevin Lawson, a former member of Detroit's defense. 

In 2020, Slay has allowed a 76.4 completion percentage and 120.1 passer rating against him -- which both represent the worst of his career."

It would be funny in a sadistic sort of way if Slay needed Patricia's defense to thrive.

And yes, I know there is a lot wrong with the above statement.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Found this interesting:

"According to Pro Football Reference’s data, Slay has allowed the most passing yards in the NFL in 2020. He has yet to record an interception for his new team, and is Pro Football Focus’ 75th-ranked corner, with an overall grade of 57.2. 

Those numbers are tied with Nevin Lawson, a former member of Detroit's defense. 

In 2020, Slay has allowed a 76.4 completion percentage and 120.1 passer rating against him -- which both represent the worst of his career."

This is why I really didn't care that he got traded...anyone watching every game Slay played last year you can see the guys slowly dropping off from top tier and I'm Confident in that statement as well.. Any player will so they aren't but tape doesn't lie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2020 at 8:21 AM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Found this interesting:

"According to Pro Football Reference’s data, Slay has allowed the most passing yards in the NFL in 2020. He has yet to record an interception for his new team, and is Pro Football Focus’ 75th-ranked corner, with an overall grade of 57.2. 

Those numbers are tied with Nevin Lawson, a former member of Detroit's defense. 

In 2020, Slay has allowed a 76.4 completion percentage and 120.1 passer rating against him -- which both represent the worst of his career."

Wow.... I mean.. I was in favour of the trade because of the age vs money thing... but that's just nuts. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Not that it makes a difference but the argument that Quinn has never selected a Pro Bowler is moot after Ragnow, Hock and Fox were selected. 

All of that is negated by the selection of Jimmy Landes. Still scratch my head about that one.  A GM just simply does not replace Dan "Freaking" Muhlback, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LionArkie said:

All of that is negated by the selection of Jimmy Landes. Still scratch my head about that one.  A GM just simply does not replace Dan "Freaking" Muhlback, lol.

Once every hundred years, a mythical creature known only as 'Muhlbach' is born with the sole purpose of thrusting a projectile in an awkward position at great speed and precision.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2020 at 8:57 PM, Karnage84 said:

Not that it makes a difference but the argument that Quinn has never selected a Pro Bowler is moot after Ragnow, Hock and Fox were selected. 

Ragnow and Fox are deserving, Hockenson is lucky all TEs in the NFC are garbage this season. It's telling when Hock and Engram are the pro bowl TEs for the NFC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Interesting:

"Former Eagles head coach Doug Pederson was concerned about Travis Travis Fulgham's "work habits" during the 2020 season.

Pederson's concerns could explain why Fulgham -- after a blistering start in which he went for 435 yards and four touchdowns in five games -- was quickly phased out of the Philadelphia offense. Fulgham caught just nine passes over the season's final eight games. "Fulgham got into Pederson’s doghouse and never got out," NBC Sports' Reuben Frank said. Fulgham, Frank added, could benefit from new head coach Nick Sirianni, a former receivers coach. Still, Fulgham is unlikely to start the 2021 season as a top-three pass catching option in the Eagles offense. "

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Interesting:

"Former Eagles head coach Doug Pederson was concerned about Travis Travis Fulgham's "work habits" during the 2020 season.

Pederson's concerns could explain why Fulgham -- after a blistering start in which he went for 435 yards and four touchdowns in five games -- was quickly phased out of the Philadelphia offense. Fulgham caught just nine passes over the season's final eight games. "Fulgham got into Pederson’s doghouse and never got out," NBC Sports' Reuben Frank said. Fulgham, Frank added, could benefit from new head coach Nick Sirianni, a former receivers coach. Still, Fulgham is unlikely to start the 2021 season as a top-three pass catching option in the Eagles offense. "

As hard as it is for me to fathom, work ethic and drive seems to be the biggest factor in success in the NFL.  I can imagine that these guys wouldnt be motived to make millions and extend their careers but just seems some dont have it.  They say in the prospect scouting area, that is the hardest to understand and get right.  Everyone is going to say or act like they are driven but then they get the first check or get drafted and relax.  It's why guys like Tom Brady succeed and Jamarcus Russell fails.  Russell had far more physical talent, just didnt have the head on his shoulders. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

As hard as it is for me to fathom, work ethic and drive seems to be the biggest factor in success in the NFL.  I can imagine that these guys wouldnt be motived to make millions and extend their careers but just seems some dont have it.  They say in the prospect scouting area, that is the hardest to understand and get right.  Everyone is going to say or act like they are driven but then they get the first check or get drafted and relax.  It's why guys like Tom Brady succeed and Jamarcus Russell fails.  Russell had far more physical talent, just didnt have the head on his shoulders. 

So true.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...