Thing For Which We Should Give Credit to Patricia and Quin

Just Want A Title

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

As hard as it is for me to fathom, work ethic and drive seems to be the biggest factor in success in the NFL.  I can imagine that these guys wouldnt be motived to make millions and extend their careers but just seems some dont have it.  They say in the prospect scouting area, that is the hardest to understand and get right.  Everyone is going to say or act like they are driven but then they get the first check or get drafted and relax.  It's why guys like Tom Brady succeed and Jamarcus Russell fails.  Russell had far more physical talent, just didnt have the head on his shoulders. 

This is very well said. In a league filled with physical freaks, that is a huge difference between someone having a cup of coffee in the league as opposed to a double digit career. 

• 1 month later...

Of all the former GMs, BQ seems like the #1 wet blanket:

“Bob Quinn literally about six months after he drafted me, he’s like, ‘You’re not the same guy I drafted.’ He’s like, ‘You like to have way too much fun,’” Hockenson said with a laugh. “I was like, ‘Well, you’re not wrong. I like to laugh, I like to have fun. That’s my thing.”

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021/3/4/22312577/tj-hockenson-podcast-recap-matthew-stafford-dan-campbell-and-fooling-bob-quinn?fbclid=IwAR3mfgeLBA1lRuObsGIFOLhc1nP8TVQa3Hquioncm1AdZt4X-6mbN5wI-G0

4 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

Which is shocking considering we had Matt freaking Millen. 

You can already see that this front office is so much different. They haven't made a single move I don't like yet.