Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, tonyto36 said:

I just hope all the idiots on celticsblog are seeing Embiid destroy us on both ends of the court and control the game and make Horford look like a 5'2 jv player and realize how stupid the anti-tank crowd was.

If we lost 3 more games we could have Embiid instead of Smart right now.

Which is why I say if Brad Stevens had some balls. He would have played his young guys that year, instead of the useless veterans trying to squeeze out every little victory. Then Stevens did it again and we lost out AGAIN on a good player. Devin Booker.  Now he kisses the *** of Smart and Morris all while Tatum is a last option till crunch time comes along.

7 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Which is why I say if Brad Stevens had some balls. He would have played his young guys that year, instead of the useless veterans trying to squeeze out every little victory. Then Stevens did it again and we lost out AGAIN on a good player. Devin Booker.  Now he kisses the *** of Smart and Morris all while Tatum is a last option till crunch time comes along.

Well I don't know about the balls part.  I'm fine with him playing to win, but Ainge should have just blown that thing up so Stevens couldn't win instead of letting Rondo and Green squeeze out a few wins.

4 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

Horford is two years away from having to be a bench player.

He just can not create his own shot.  Any time he has to step into a shot or shoot off the dribble it's a brick. 

Gotta hope we get Ayton and he turns into a monster.  

Horford's offensive game may be limited, but all around he is still a great player. He can be Tim Duncan lite on this team, especially if we can continue to trend young and build. 

I'm loving the IT to Cavaliers.  It's proving everything I said 100% right.

1.  IT will never be good enough to be a 1 or even 2.  You'll never want him to have the ball over Lebron.  And he's so bad on defense that it essentially makes him Sullinger/Turner/Green - players who can do some okay things off the bench as role players but will never be good enough to win you a championship.

2.  IT, without a team that is dedicating all it's effort every night to hide him and protect him on defense, is getting exposed big time.

I'm loving it.  I wonder if all the Celtics homers are paying any attention and see how laughable the IT hype was now.

EDIT:
IT has played four games this season.

The Cavaliers have let up their 3 highest points allowed in the past three games.

Love it.  Overrated egomaniacal scrub.  Lue already calling him out in the media for his personal agenda.

Edited by tonyto36

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/1/17/16899752/cleveland-cavaliers-lebron-james-trade-deadline-deandre-jordan

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2018/01/cavaliers_players_wondering_if.html

Some beautiful stuff.  Ainge trades IT to the Cavs, and not only do we win the deal by a landslide, IT is doing a great job blowing the team up for the Celtics.

Always said it.  Egomaniac and locker room cancer who is beyond awful on defense and will never be on a championship team.

And this is just a week after it's speculated that Lue was referencing IT playing for his own personal agenda (ie. get paid) instead of playing to win.

@Troy Brown

"Rotations are awful. IT (Isaiah Thomas) is so much worse than Kyrie (Irving) defensively it's insane," said a league source. "There is not a great feeling anywhere. They need to limp into the All-Star break and get away from each other."

ESPN’s Dave McMenamin, citing multiple, anonymous “prominent” players, wrote about a sense of “doubt that the problems—an aging roster, defensively challenged personnel and a glut of redundant role players—could simply be worked out through patience and a chance to coalesce when fully healthy.”

Thomas was 8-of-21 shooting against the Warriors and finished with 19 points. Thomas again mentioned the Cavs "don't practice" -- an apparent shot at the organization considering the number of times he's mentioned it over the past several days. He's continually cited a lack of practice as the reason he's playing his way into shape.

Thomas put up the most shots of any Cavs player on Monday, and his teammates said it is his role to shoot. But at the same time, their patience is being tested as the losses mount and the rhythm they had at both ends of the court when they won 18 of 19 games is gone.

That was when I realized that they can’t play two of their best three players against their biggest rival. I love Isaiah Thomas’s game and I’m really pulling for him, but you can’t hide him and Kevin Love on defense. Forget the Warriors—I don’t know if they can beat the Raptors or Celtics.

ESPN’s Dave McMenamin, citing multiple, anonymous “prominent” players, wrote about a sense of “doubt that the problems—an aging roster, defensively challenged personnel and a glut of redundant role players—could simply be worked out through patience and a chance to coalesce when fully healthy.”

6 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

I really need you to stop calling out posters with the mention feature. If you want to use it to call people to a discussion that is great, but the last few times I have seen you use it it has been to boast about being right about an old debate. It'd be one thing if you asked @Troy Brown his opinion on what has transpired so far, but instead you gloat about how right you are and than tack on the mention. It comes off confrontational and its unnecessary. 

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I really need you to stop calling out posters with the mention feature. If you want to use it to call people to a discussion that is great, but the last few times I have seen you use it it has been to boast about being right about an old debate. It'd be one thing if you asked @Troy Brown his opinion on what has transpired so far, but instead you gloat about how right you are and than tack on the mention. It comes off confrontational and its unnecessary. 

I am genuinely curious to see if he still has the same opinion or if his opinion has changed now that IT is no longer a Celtic, and all these less than flattering reports (and results) are coming out. 

3 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

I am genuinely curious to see if he still has the same opinion or if his opinion has changed now that IT is no longer a Celtic, and all these less than flattering reports (and results) are coming out. 

Frame it that way then. The way you presented your post it gives a negative connotation and does not invite the person you mention to respond in a well mannered way

IT is not a defensive player, I never claimed him to be. I don't trust "league sources" because the numbers don't put Kyrie far ahead of IT last year defensively. IT isn't playing well but he's not healthy yet, either. I had no idea what IT would look like when he came back.

That said, I still absolutely stand by claim that IT was a better player than Kyrie last year. I would rather have IT of last year on this current Cs squad, too, and I think we'd be even better. Kyrie's shot selection, while getting better, still hurts my eyes sometimes. I never had an issue with IT's selections. 

But I also like the trade now given everything that has transpired. IT is obviously hurt, the Nets are better than we imagined they'd be, and if Crowder was healthy, it would take time from Brown and Tatum, who I was also wrong about. Tatum and Brown are absolutely the future of this team. 

59 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

IT is not a defensive player, I never claimed him to be. I don't trust "league sources" because the numbers don't put Kyrie far ahead of IT last year defensively. IT isn't playing well but he's not healthy yet, either. I had no idea what IT would look like when he came back.

That said, I still absolutely stand by claim that IT was a better player than Kyrie last year. I would rather have IT of last year on this current Cs squad, too, and I think we'd be even better. Kyrie's shot selection, while getting better, still hurts my eyes sometimes. I never had an issue with IT's selections. 

But I also like the trade now given everything that has transpired. IT is obviously hurt, the Nets are better than we imagined they'd be, and if Crowder was healthy, it would take time from Brown and Tatum, who I was also wrong about. Tatum and Brown are absolutely the future of this team. 

IT could not even sniff Kyries jock strap last year.   Because like every other player in the NBA, Kyrie would be about 15 feet past IT before he could even lean in.  Injury is not an excuse.  IT isn't 100% but he's healthy enough to play 

IT is breaking down (just like I and a good amount of C's fans predicted because of his size).   Nets are as good as I said they would be, maybe a little worse due to injuries.  Crowder is relatively healthy.  He's playing out of position and wasn't that amazing to start with.  

You never had an issue with IT"s shot selection?  You mean his million transition hero pull up threes?  Or when he'd just dive bomb into the paint (and get exposed in the playoffs because of it)???

IT has always been overrated with a decent scoring skill set.  He was never on Kyrie's level.  And he's being exposed big time in Cleveland now that he doesn't have 11 other guys on the roster constantly trained to protect him at all times (and look worse off on their own) on defense.  Everyone should have known the C's should have better than a mediocre defensive team last year with Smart, Bradley, Crowder and Horford - four good to great defensive players.  But they like the rest of the team looked worse on defense because of IT.

He's a bench scorer that you can't win playing big minutes because that gives the opponents starting point guard enough minutes against him to punish him.   IT has never ever been in Kyrie's class.   That's like comparing Lebron to Lance Stevenson.

I have watched all 4 Celtic losses and my conclusion is that the team is just playing too much one on one ball starting With Kyrie. the ball movement has fallen off and not surprisingly so has their shooting. Since there isn't even a trade rumor out there, I am guessing this is who they are going with in the playoffs.

unless Gordon does what I hope he does and comes to the rescue.