Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

I love the energy and defense Smart brings to the table in games. His ability to switch off and just battle anyone is almost priceless. But he also takes the ball out of players hands, especially Tatum and Brown on offense. I just can't put a value of how much I like/want Smart to be here next year. He is the hardest player in the league to get an accurate assessment in value IMO.

• Like 2

Smart being back has raised our defense up a notch. But my real question is who does Boston/Stevens start against Philly. Semi has stepped up to be a really valuable defender and starter vs Giannis, but Philly having Embiid may force Baynes back into the starting lineup. But I would rather Semi start with Horford pulling away Embiid from the basket while playing center.

This is all assuming J Brown is healthy and starting.

• 1 month later...

I am keeping tempered expectations. Not sure it is going to be an exciting night for the C's.

If they stay put, I kinda want Grayson Allen. I know I am going to get razzed for this but I think he is going to be a solid role player in the NBA and I think he is a good fit for Brad. 

44 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

After the draft, I am sure I will warm up to whatever Boston does and who they draft, but as of right now I do not want Grayson Allen

eh. that late in the draft, i'd do it and i hate him. if he can learn to defend, he'd be suitable in an evan turner role but we don't exactly need that role anymore with all of the wings we have that can handle it 

i really think the noise about ainge making a big move this offseason is strongly overstated. there are no moves that make the celtics MUCH better in the future. if you trade kyrie, you're telling me you think rozier is going to make a big jump and given what we've seen of him, i don't know how much better he can get. if you trade for kawhi, you're telling me you aren't worried about losing a bunch of assets for a guy who might bounce.

i ain't with it. stand pat and continue on.