Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

On 6/23/2018 at 9:35 PM, DoleINGout said:

It seems this way, hopefully you're right.

Per 40 stats last season: 

Bamba - 17.1 points, 14.0 rebounds, 4.9 blocks on 54% FG

Williams - 16.2 points, 14.4 rebounds, 4.1 blocks on 63% FG

Williams is basically a carbon copy of DeAndre Jordan and Clint Capela. Like those two he slid on draft night due to concerns about his motor but if he's locked in he's going to be a stud.

• Like 1

As noted by another Boston fan in the other thread, Boston will have Horford, Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Theis, Baynes, Morris, Williams, Semi and Yabulsele all possible front court players. Obviously Brown/Hayward/Tatum will play a lot of the 2 position. BUT DAMMMMNNN we deep. 

BUT I still say we kick the tires on D Howard for the MLE. 

I know, don't shoot me. :ph34r:

Now that the Kings lost out on Z Lavine, the rumor is they're going after Marcus Smart now. Based on the contract they offered for Lavine, I am guessing they will offer far more than what Boston would be willing to match. Should be interesting over the next few days, but I think Smart has played his last game for Boston.

On that note Jabari Bird has looked really good in the SL. Bird might be able to take Smart's place in the rotation. Bird will definitely e a better shooter. ut that energy Smart plays with will be missed.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK the season is upon us and Boston is looking at an exciting season full of high expectations. We may have the best chance/talent of giving GS a run for its money.

But I want to go on record as saying that I have a major concern. Boston has so many players that need the ball or attempts that I don't know how they are going to keep everyone in rhythm. Brown and Hayward especially. GH has always had the benefit of being the main man. Now he has to share the ball with 5 starters that ALL can be "go to guys" or close to it. Imagine a player like Brown being number 5 on scoring options behind Kyrie, Tatum, GH and Horford. Then there is Rozier and Smart (who pulls way more than he should anyway)

Now make no mistake, I'd rather have too many scorers than Not enough, but this is a challenge that Boston has and I hope Stevens can find a way.

Either way the season is here so LET'S GO CELTICS!!!!

Edited by resilient part 2