Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

6 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:
17 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I watched it a couple of days ago but I thought that comment was more 'unless you are KD or Lebron you are tradeable'?

It ain't worth even entertaining, dude is a bonafide hater of one of the most likeable celtics in history 

Celtics fans either love him or despise him. Those that despise him dont like a single thing he does or says. The majority liked IT4, but there are some that couldnt get past... something. There is no inbetween though. 

Nah you make up more than half of that stuff and tout it as fact. There's nothing personal about it. You're a bonafide hater. 

It's not I'm right, you're wrong, it's that you're literally making things up. I'm not going to get into a debate about falsehoods with a guy who clearly has an agenda to push. 

In a vacuum, he is exactly the kind of big we need. Rim protector and rebounder who can play the 5 allowing Horford to slide into 4 most of his minutes and not relying on Morris w/ his legal trouble, kicking him to a bench role. I think Boguts injury history gets overblown, before last year he played almost a full game slate 3 years running. 

23 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

Well maybe that's just you.  I know several people who are C's fans that can't stand him.  Ego the size of jupiter, throws teammates under the bus, throws coaches under the bus, whines about his contract incessantly, gives effort on one side of the court, cared about his stats/contract more than teammates, ball hog.  He is the antithesis of what Celtics players who have been heroized have been like, like KG and Bird.

I've repeatedly explained and made points about how he was overrated and an unlikeable player.  You do nothing but make it personal and talk about me and avoid making any kind of argument beyond "ur wrung, im rite"

Yeah, he absolutely has an ego and some little man syndrome but whys that an issue? His ego allows him to be the player he is, and the little man syndrome is a huge reason he works as hard as he does.

Give me a single example of him throwing a teammate under the bus in Boston please.

Give me a single example of him throwing Brad Stevens under the bus please.

If you were a manager at some sort of business, and your employees were making double what you make would you complain about your salary?

IT played the day after his sister died, please tell me how he doesn't care about the team/his teammates.

Ball hog? Eh, yeah, he was a high usage player but that's what elite scorers do. They handle the ball.

Troy brown is 100% correct, you make things up to fit your agenda and twist stories to fit that agenda. IT was loved by all his teammates, loved by Brad Stevens, and gave literally everything he had to the Celtics. This dude played THE DAY AFTER HIS SISTER DIED. You know how many guys would do that? Very, very few.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder with Kyrie, Gordon Hayward and Al Horford, who will make the best starting five. Jaylen Brown I believe has to be a guaranteed fourth. I don't know about Aron Baynes as the fifth starter. Quite a few possible starting lineups. I do wish somehow Jayson Tatum gets a chance to be the fifth starter.

Edited by resilient part 2

6 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I wonder with Kyrie, Gordon Hayward and Al Horford, who will make the best starting five. Jaylen Brown I believe has to be a guaranteed fourth. I don't know about Aron Baynes as the fifth starter. Quite a few possible starting lineups. I do wish somehow Jayson Tatum gets a chance to be the fifth starter.

I don't want Tatum starting. He should learn and grow in a bench role and earn his way to the starting lineup. Baynes started the first pre-season game with Kyrie/Jaylen in the backcourt and Hayward/Horford as the forwards. That is my ideal lineup assuming Jaylen can build off of his strong defensive improvement from last season. I like having Smart off the bench, to rip a quote from Steven's himself, he is the only guy on that second unit with experience in an otherwise super young group/new group. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I don't want Tatum starting. He should learn and grow in a bench role and earn his way to the starting lineup. Baynes started the first pre-season game with Kyrie/Jaylen in the backcourt and Hayward/Horford as the forwards. That is my ideal lineup assuming Jaylen can build off of his strong defensive improvement from last season. I like having Smart off the bench, to rip a quote from Steven's himself, he is the only guy on that second unit with experience in an otherwise super young group/new group. 

Actually like what I saw in Baynes yesterday. Didn't know he could shoot mid range so well. He is bigger than I remember as well. Also agree with Tatum as he is so young (19) but his talent is soo good. Perhaps certain matchups.