Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

Finally got to see R Williams get reasonable minutes.

23 min, 3 for 5, 11 rebounds (4 offensive) 4 blocks (2 amazing ones on AD) and quite a few alterations on shot attempts. what doesn't show up in his stats was most times he rolled to the rim, a defender went with him (respecting his lob ability) and someone was wide open for it.

Stevens really needs to play him regularly. He can be an elite shot-blocker at minimum. 

Edited by resilient part 2

Man Robert Williams is a beast. As a life long Aggie fan, I was thrilled to see him go to the Celtics because I knew they could develop him. I think his ceiling is probably about what Clint Capela has become on possibly a better rim protector, but thats a pretty good ceiling for a late 1st round pick. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Man Robert Williams is a beast. As a life long Aggie fan, I was thrilled to see him go to the Celtics because I knew they could develop him. I think his ceiling is probably about what Clint Capela has become on possibly a better rim protector, but thats a pretty good ceiling for a late 1st round pick. 

thank you sir. I said this same thing a while back. Play the man Stevens!!!!

After just a few games of playing and a small sample size, It has become clear that R Williams, rookie or not, raw or not, should be playing over Theis (my 2nd choice) and Baynes. R Williams is a freak on defense both inside and out. He is so quick off his feet, moves well on PNR. Rebounds well, finishes well and has a "surprising good feel about basketball" - Brad Stevens. 

It's really a shame that it took so many injuries for RW to finally get his chance. 

8 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

After just a few games of playing and a small sample size, It has become clear that R Williams, rookie or not, raw or not, should be playing over Theis (my 2nd choice) and Baynes. R Williams is a freak on defense both inside and out. He is so quick off his feet, moves well on PNR. Rebounds well, finishes well and has a "surprising good feel about basketball" - Brad Stevens. 

It's really a shame that it took so many injuries for RW to finally get his chance. 

Same strategy Stevens used for JB, who came into the league with a similar make up. Raw athletic freak without a lot of polish. He moves to ME so he can nab more minutes and its the smart thing to do. 

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Same strategy Stevens used for JB, who came into the league with a similar make up. Raw athletic freak without a lot of polish. He moves to ME so he can nab more minutes and its the smart thing to do. 

Not sure what or who ME means?? Guessing the Redclaws.

The comparison to JB is not quite the same. Yes both athletic freaks, but JB plays a wing position which relies heavily on skills and decision making. RW, as a big just needs to block/alter shots and finish with his amazing hops around the rim and he will make an instant impact. He literally blocked a jump hook and a turnaround jumper on AD. Imagine what he can do with some NON NBA superstars. 

I believe players like RW who, while Raw, progress much faster with actually game experience. I believed that with my own experience but also learned that from one of the best coaches in BB. That is J Wright (Villanova) 

• 3 weeks later...

A while back I suggested that Boston should trade Rozier, for one, I believe someone will offer Rozier a RFA more money than Boston may want to match, but even more so, Boston needed to lighten its load on ball needy players. Fast forward to now. Boston not only is still struggling, but the "young guys" which definitely includes Rozier, may end up pushing out Kyrie next year. Kyrie at one time has said he "will re-sign" with Boston. But if Boston continues to struggle, why would he? A unhappy Kyrie will definitely look for greener pastures.

I know Ainge is holding on to his assets, like Brown and Rozier, In hopes that he can use that in a trade for Anthony Davis. It is a huge gamble that may eventually pay off..... 

OR …. bite Boston back big time. It may lay waste to this season all while forcing Boston to lose out on its most prized player, Kyrie, if the Pels don't trade A Davis.

• 2 weeks later...

Celtics WORST case scenario this offseason is Kyrie bolts to NY and AD isn't traded to Boston. They will still have a very young talented Core and lots of 1st rders to improve. 

I personally believe how the playoffs turn out for Boston will have a huge impact for Kyrie. I also strongly believe that KI to NY would be the type of move KI would do. NY hasn't won a chip since what 1973? Kyrie would probably love the challenge to do a Lebron and win one for NY, his home town basically. 

Ironically Ainge held on to ALL HIS ASSETS to hold out for a AD trade, and yet all those assets,, particular Brown and Rozier, have frustrated KI to the point he may end up leaving. 

I wonder if Boston has a backup plan for a worst case scenario.

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

Celtics WORST case scenario this offseason is Kyrie bolts to NY and AD isn't traded to Boston. They will still have a very young talented Core and lots of 1st rders to improve. 

I personally believe how the playoffs turn out for Boston will have a huge impact for Kyrie. I also strongly believe that KI to NY would be the type of move KI would do. NY hasn't won a chip since what 1973? Kyrie would probably love the challenge to do a Lebron and win one for NY, his home town basically. 

Ironically Ainge held on to ALL HIS ASSETS to hold out for a AD trade, and yet all those assets,, particular Brown and Rozier, have frustrated KI to the point he may end up leaving. 

Kyrie will stay because we’re getting rid of all the guys frustrating him for AD. AD is the perfect Star next to Kyrie because he’s a total beta and will let it be Kyries team still.