Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

• 3 weeks later...

As I said many times this is some crazy offseason we have coming. It actually starts Tuesday with the draft lottery. Will Memphis slide back to the 9th pick and Boston retainment or will Memphis hit a top-eight pick their phone they getting Boston's draft pick this year. It will still give Boston three first-round picks but just not as good.

4 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

^That's under the assumption Kyrie, Horford, Baynes, and Morris decide to leave while restricted free agents like Terry Rozier and Daniel Theis are signed away or granted the opportunity to test free agency.

I don't see Al Horford leaving this year straight in fact I didn't know he had an option anyhow

Thank god he wants to leave. I know he is emotional after the season ended the way it did but his ego and production don't align.

I'm expecting the Celtics to go hard after a great locker room guys and true point guards Darren Collison and T.J. McConnell.

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I don't see Al Horford leaving this year straight in fact I didn't know he had an option anyhow

He has a player option and actually a reporter brought this up as a distinct possibility. Horford at this point likely wants to chase a ring and doesn't see it in his immediate future with the Celtics. He has earned the Player Option in his contract and I hope he goes to the Clippers with Kawhi Leonard and wins the Western Conference.

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

He has a player option and actually a reporter brought this up as a distinct possibility. Horford at this point likely wants to chase a ring and doesn't see it in his immediate future with the Celtics. He has earned the Player Option in his contract and I hope he goes to the Clippers with Kawhi Leonard and wins the Western Conference.

Interesting idea. Keep the posts coming I need some Boston fans in here you hear me

42 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

PG: Darren Collison (UFA, Pacers)

SG: Gordon Hayward

SF: Jaylen Brown

PF: Anthony Davis (Trade, Pelicans)

C: Ed Davis (UFA, Nets)

Bench:

PG: T.J. McConnell (UFA, Sixers)

SG: JJ Reddick (UFA, Sixers)

SF: Trevor Ariza (UFA, Wizards)

PF: Max Kleber (RFA, Mavericks)

C: Robert Williams

Alternatives for the Celtics:

PG: Ricky Rubio (UFA, Jazz)

PF: Taj Gibson (UFA, Timberwolves)

PF: Markieff Morris (UFA, Thunder)

C: Brook Lopez (UFA, Bucks)

Plus draft picks.

Ainge probably trades for Anthony Davis no matter what now. I'm guessing Jayson Tatum and Marcus Smart plus three first round picks.

Rozier is the first to come out and talk. He says he say it from the first day of training camp. Allstars trying to be all stars while others tryi g to prove themselves and "get paid" 

Rozier claims he "sacrificed the most". But what really got me is he said "I am a top PG in this league' …. Dude you never ever proved that. He played so selfishly this year jacking up bad shots. If Kyrie leaves I don't want a Rozier and Smart backcourt. Hell No. Can't take their selfish/dumb shot selections. Though both are tough on defense, I can't take anymore "bad basketball"

Edited by resilient part 2