Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

Kyrie really seems to be buying into his own words and trying to become an all around complete point guard. Last night was the perfect example of him doing it all, going out of his way to get teammates involved and giving up shots he would have taken in CLE for easier looks for others. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, coors said:

How has Kyrie looked? I flipped over last night for a few minutes but he was on the bench at that point. 

I think he has looked great. Still does everything he did in CLE but has really made an effort to hand out dimes, and his 3 point shooting seems to be improved

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I think he has looked great. Still does everything he did in CLE but has really made an effort to hand out dimes, and his 3 point shooting seems to be improved

Good for him.

I feel like Horford has been lost in this whole off season where y'all added Kyrie and Hayward. I feel like with him as the 3rd/4th option could have a career year. Always been a fan of his from his days back in Atlanta. 

Horford will be extremely key to making this team run offensively. His floor spacing will be crucial for getting Kyrie and Hayward open lanes. His versatility will go a long way in allowing the team to mix and match lineups and also help Kyrie dish out easy dimes. The issue for this team will be defense without guys like Jae and Avery. Smart needs to step up, as well as Jaylen (who has shown well on the defensive end). The big thing however will be getting boards. 

This is my official, get well and god bless post for Gordon Hayward. We will need you 100% next year.

I have a really good friend that not only said, but tattooed a saying that I would like to share.

"Turn your Poison into your medicine" (easier said than done of course)

For Gordon - share this extra time with your wife and kids

For Boston - get the young players even more acclimated into becoming more than just role players. Get them ready faster to becoming stars that I believe they can become. Their experience can not be taught. It must be gained. With the loss of GH, Brown and Tatum will actually grow faster. By next year, with a healthy return of GH, Boston will be even more formidable.

Edited by resilient part 2

7 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Celtics losing their best player in the first 5 minutes is the luck of the irish. When an injury is so bad that the opposing team is on their knees with their faces in their hands, it usually gets me pretty bad. It's easy to forget these guys are human sometimes.

I though Irving finished the game...