Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2018/12/4/18125309/trading-jaren-jackson-jr-nba-memphis-grizzlies-nba

If not Jaylen Brown and the Grizzlies first pick for Jaren Jackson Jr., then Jayson Tatum instead with Marcus Smart, (or a comparable player or package of assets to Marcus Smart).

I know KG has worked with JJJ, and the Celtics coveted JJJ in the NBA draft. Personality-wise JJJ fits into any clubhouse. The only reason for bringing up the scenario is because Ainge likes to trade and I started with scenarios involving Sabonis and Beal, (who is no longer "available" at all compared to any slim chance that may have existed before he signed an extension).

The Celtics targeting a PF-type like Sabonis or JJJ is the only trade scenario that I think makes sense in return for their young assets, (including draft picks). Giving up a bulked-up, hopefully refocused Tatum for JJJ may not make any sense or improvement in the immediate short term, but it's probably one of the only players that could facilitate such a trade.

Edited by DoleINGout

20 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Maybe the Grizzlies would be interested in Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart and getting their first round pick back in exchange for Jaren Jackson Jr., (and a wing player like Grayson Allen), if the rookie Clarke turns into a capable full-time starter? The Grizzlies are going to a "position-less" starting five with an emphasis on speed and their depth/potential at shooting guard/small forward has peaked.

This is awful. Brown with his incoming huge overpay holds almost zero value as a trade asset. Grizzlies would hang up the phone, and rightfully so.

On 10/17/2019 at 10:14 AM, DoleINGout said:

Welp, Beal agreed to a two year extension so between him and Sabonis the only one potentially getting traded now is Sabonis.

I am in the Sabonis trade bandwagon now that he appears to be on the trade block. I would offer Indiana unproven but very talented Romeo Langford (from Indiana U) plus Smart. No way Indiana gets more for Sabonis than that. Boston gets to keep Brown, Boston doesn't need Smart as much with the talented Carson Edwards and J Greene waiting in the wings. Sabonis' high IQ inside outside skills and rebounding go along way and Brad Stevens would use him the right way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I am in the Sabonis trade bandwagon now that he appears to be on the trade block. I would offer Indiana unproven but very talented Romeo Langford (from Indiana U) plus Smart. No way Indiana gets more for Sabonis than that. Boston gets to keep Brown, Boston doesn't need Smart as much with the talented Carson Edwards and J Greene waiting in the wings. Sabonis' high IQ inside outside skills and rebounding go along way and Brad Stevens would use him the right way. 

I'd hold onto Langford. Tough call on Brown but I like Langford's polished offense more and presence already more.