Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Even that is misleading as Romeo hasn't even played in most games. How the hell will Boston bring in 3 1st next year plus 2 more 2nds and get them on the roster.

Ainge has made some great trades and yet I feel along the way he has become far too careful and won't take a risk. 

Ainge has made attempts, but he just did not seized the opportunity this time around.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok perfect example of Brad freakin Stevens being too soft, Kemba plays in the Allstar game for I believe 29 minutes, now he is missing his 1st game back on FRIDAY (5 days after the game) because of a sore knee, which he has battled all season. Good job letting your starting PG play in a game where it is clear as day he needed to rest more importantly. Even showing and playing a few minutes would have been fine. Kemba still starts the game and plays, yet doesn't play more than 10 minutes. 

Both sides win. 

Good thing it's only Minny. Still this is the playoff push last 3rd of the year. Kemba better not miss any more agmes due to soreness. NO freakin excuses..

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Well with Kemba, J Brown and Hayward out and Tatum possibly, I would love to see what Romeo can do in extended minutes...

Just show me a glimmer of hope...a reason why you went 14th... 

Well in game against one of the worst teams and with so many guards out, Romeo, put up ZERO in 13 min.. good thing he was only our lottery pick 

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Brad Stevens sucks! This bench sucks! This team is terrible.

Imagine thinking Brad Stevens is overrated? Lmao.

No you got the first two right, But I am one of the few people on here that thinks Boston has a legit chance at contending for the championship. Their starting five led by Jayson Tatum and Kemba Walker are certainly capable of winning the whole thing but you guys act like don't do anything this year because we don't have a chance drives me nuts. You guys are absolutely just too young to understand getting close does not happen all the time.

In 1986 Boston won a title with what was at that time the greatest record of all time and we were getting the greatest talent to come out in many years in Len Bias. It turns out we did not see a single title for almost the next 40 years with the exception of one. So if you guys want to Glide along and just be happy being close at the year without making a move then that's on you but I know better I've been around much much longer.

And the idea that a coach like Brad Stevens and Danny Ainge cannot be criticized is beyond me ..I have witness dumb mistakes over and over again in these last 40 years to know better

If you guys want to continue to praise upon praise for being just okay then that's on you but it is not for me

Edited by resilient part 2

Still, Stevens dismissed the idea that bench scoring is a problem for the Celtics, saying that if Boston was healthy -- and Smart was back to his expected role coming off the bench -- things would be fine.

"We've had a number of our guys play well off the bench," Stevens said. "And we've never really had our full bench intact because we've never had our full starters intact. Hard to know. When we're full we'll see how it looks and see how it goes, but it is what it is. Thought we had a lot of good things tonight. Just didn't score well enough.

"Some of that was decision-making at the rim, where they did a great job, some of it was excellent pressure defense by them, and some of it was missed open shots. Just part of it. I don't want to make any generalizations about our bench until I see our whole team moving forward."

More on ESPN website.

First real hiccup of the season for this team. Unfortunate timing as it is so close to the playoffs but hopefully they can gain momentum when they need it to make a run.

I don't like Stevens response though to the bench production. I'm not worried about the team, I just don't like dodgy answers that basically sounds like, "Well, we don't yet so that doesn't mean we are actually bad even though to this point our bench is actually playing bad." It is also something fair to criticize Ainge for when looking at the lack of an acquisition at the trade deadline. This season an NBA title is within grasp. I have maintained that from the very beginning and been unwavering. I just expect more out of the coach and front office.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Still, Stevens dismissed the idea that bench scoring is a problem for the Celtics, saying that if Boston was healthy -- and Smart was back to his expected role coming off the bench -- things would be fine.

"We've had a number of our guys play well off the bench," Stevens said. "And we've never really had our full bench intact because we've never had our full starters intact. Hard to know. When we're full we'll see how it looks and see how it goes, but it is what it is. Thought we had a lot of good things tonight. Just didn't score well enough.

"Some of that was decision-making at the rim, where they did a great job, some of it was excellent pressure defense by them, and some of it was missed open shots. Just part of it. I don't want to make any generalizations about our bench until I see our whole team moving forward."

More on ESPN website.

First real hiccup of the season for this team. Unfortunate timing as**** it is so close to the playoffs**** but hopefully they can gain momentum when they need it to make a run.

I don't like Stevens response though to the bench production. I'm not worried about the team, I just don't like dodgy answers that basically sounds like, "Well, we don't yet so that doesn't mean we are actually bad even though to this point our bench is actually playing bad." It is also something fair to criticize Ainge for when looking at the lack of an acquisition at the trade deadline. ******This season an NBA title is within grasp******. I have maintained that from the very beginning and been unwavering. I just expect more out of the coach and front office.

FREAKIN BINGO!!!! best quote from the article - "A bench full of dull offensive weapons cost them Friday"

as for Stevens making the comment that the bench "is never really fully intact" due to injuries... NO DUH, that is why you pick up a proven scoring veteran to protect against injuries... The Celtics have been healthy I believe for only 14 games ALL YEAR LONG...

I said it before and will say it again.. Ainge and especially Stevens grew way too soft due to last year's debacle and are now afraid to act... 

If Boston's starters get healthy in the playoffs, they may be able to carry this team so very close... yet a little more help would/could put this team over the top... 

Edited by resilient part 2