Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I guess my big difference in opinion is other than Morris > Smart, is I believe that Langford+Edwards can step in as a backups and develop faster if they play vs sitting and watching. Both have too much ability and will shine sooner than later IMO.

Fair enough, I agree with you the guard depth is tremendous.

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I'm thinking for potentially in the playoffs, specifically against long teams like the Bucks and 76ers when the season matters most . The regular season lineup with change all of the time with Brad Stevens, of course.

That's a bad idea, even worse against those teams. Having 1 guy the offense can attack over and over again is bad, but 2? Oh boy.

Brown is their best option to defend Giannis and Horford anyways. Who's Kanter going to defend?

Just now, seminoles1 said:

That's a bad idea, even worse against those teams. Having 1 guy the offense can attack over and over again is bad, but 2? Oh boy.

Brown is their best option to defend Giannis and Horford anyways. Who's Kanter going to defend?

Kanter at four against Horford at four is the matchup I have in mind. Not the entire series but certainly to matchup length-wise. I don't see Horford as a great power forward and his athleticism is certainly less than Kanter's by the time the next playoffs roll around. DeMarcus Cousins with load management would be able to handle Embiid well enough in rotation with Poirier and Robert Williams basically a year from now. There were a few flashes of the old DeMarcus and with close to a years time reacclimatizing I think those flashes will become regular stretches.

36 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Kanter at four against Horford at four is the matchup I have in mind. Not the entire series but certainly to matchup length-wise. I don't see Horford as a great power forward and his athleticism is certainly less than Kanter's by the time the next playoffs roll around. DeMarcus Cousins with load management would be able to handle Embiid well enough in rotation with Poirier and Robert Williams basically a year from now. There were a few flashes of the old DeMarcus and with close to a years time reacclimatizing I think those flashes will become regular stretches.

Again, having 2 big, lumbering players who can't switch on the floor at the same time is awful. Every good team would run them through P&R after P&R. They'd get abused.

46 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Again, having 2 big, lumbering players who can't switch on the floor at the same time is awful. Every good team would run them through P&R after P&R. They'd get abused.

I think you're overselling Horford's athleticism especially after the regular season and a round in the playoffs, and underselling Kanter's.

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I’ll take Boogie if he’s actually going to be a vet minimum or MLE guy. Give him plenty of time to rest. I feel like the guys attitude has to have changed after everything he’s been through, right?

Sure seems like it after the year with the Warriors, undergoing a major injury rehabilitation, and now receiving minimum interest on the market. We know the Celtics/Ainge has coveted Boogie before. Even with all of the propriety on character guys this season, for a vet minimum or close to it this has to be too good to pass up for one year. Cousins has to be sooo motivated now.

26 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I think you're overselling Horford's athleticism especially after the regular season and a round in the playoffs, and underselling Kanter's.

I'm not talking about Horford beating Kanter 1-on-1. What's Kanter going to do when he gets switched onto literally anyone else in their lineup? Who does Cousins hide on?

You can't have 2 negatives on defense and expect to do anything but bleed. Having those 2 be giants that can barely move is a recipe for disaster.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm not talking about Horford beating Kanter 1-on-1. What's Kanter going to do when he gets switched onto literally anyone else in their lineup? Who does Cousins hide on?

You can't have 2 negatives on defense and expect to do anything but bleed. Having those 2 be giants that can barely move is a recipe for disaster.

I really don't think it would be nearly as disastrous. Pus, like I said, this is just one set of the many rotations we can expect to see Stevens roll out. By putting those two together in the starting lineup it's show what I expect would ideally be used against other big rotations in the important rounds of the playoffs versus the Sixers and Bucks.

8 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I really don't think it would be nearly as disastrous. Pus, like I said, this is just one set of the many rotations we can expect to see Stevens roll out. By putting those two together in the starting lineup it's show what I expect would ideally be used against other big rotations in the important rounds of the playoffs versus the Sixers and Bucks.

Okay, then what would the matchups be against the Bucks? Kanter and Cousins only have 1 option...they'd get murdered by anyone else.

Anytime the Bucks play the Celtics, Khris Middleton plays his best, especially behind the arch. So, if the Bucks go with their version of big against the Celtics in a playoff game, I imagine it might look like this:

Bledsoe

Middleton/Connaughton

Giannis

Brooks

Robin

Boogie can matchup with Robin, Enes with Brooks, and their height will help on drives inside by Giannis at times. The rest of 1-3 for the Celtics versus this lineup is probably:

Kemba

Brown/Hayward

Tatum/Ojeleye

only one Summer League game, but my Impressions on the Boston players are,

Disappointed Romeo Langford did not play but what else is new oh, so many rookies don't play much.

Grant Williams looks to be a solid Lee skill forward with absolutely no upside. He looks like he doesn't have the size for the big guys with a quickness for a shorter players I don't see him as having enough defense to make a true impact on Boston.

Carsen Edwards on the other hand looks like he will be a great Steel. His shot looks as pure as you can get and can create a little better than what I've seen so far after one game. While he will never be our traditional point guard just having somebody who can knock down shots and stop them from double-teaming Boston's other players it will be such a big factor.

Trey Waters looks like he can be a solid player if he ever got playing time, I just don't see him getting any.

Last but not least Taco Fall. Looks like he will be a steal as I said before this year started he is not just close to 7 foot 7, but surprisingly agile up the court and strongly built. While he'll probably not be a main rotation player I still say he will have huge impact moments in certain situations against certain teams. You can count on that.

Robert Williams does what he does well Raolls in to the basket and finish. He should be much more of a factor this year. Yabusele does not belong in the NBA as a rotation player in my opinion. Boston or Danny Ainge messed up with that draft pick

Edited by resilient part 2