Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

Meanwhile, not only is Carson Edwards absolutely torching in preseason, defense or not, Trey Waters is also extremely impressive. His ability to break down anyone at any time makes me think he will be an outstanding backup point guard in this league. And even though I've been preaching how to preseason has no defense, all rookies are also playing in this preseason, and very few have looked this impressive

Just don't know how Waters and Edwards will be on defense, will they give up more points than they score?

Edited by resilient part 2

8 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I do like sabonis, a lot actually, but don't know if I like him enough to give up Jaylen Brown plus others in a trade

Oh I absolutely know for a fact who I'd rather have.

Sabonis>Brown

And Brown just turned down an extension so I think he is as good as gone. Hopefully they get something in a trade for him, but his value may be less now.

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

And Brown just turned down an extension so I think he is as good as gone. Hopefully they get something in a trade for him, but his value may be less now.

He's a restricted free agent so you can match any offer sheet he signs next summer. If he wants a max deal, let him prove he's worth it on the court first. 

Maybe the Grizzlies would be interested in Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart and getting their first round pick back in exchange for Jaren Jackson Jr., (and a wing player like Grayson Allen), if the rookie Clarke turns into a capable full-time starter? The Grizzlies are going to a "position-less" starting five with an emphasis on speed and their depth/potential at shooting guard/small forward has peaked.

Edited by DoleINGout

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Maybe the Grizzlies would be interested in Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart and getting their first round pick back in exchange for Jaren Jackson Jr., (and a wing player like Grayson Allen), if the rookie Clarke turns into a capable full-time starter? The Grizzlies are going to a "position-less" starting five with an emphasis on speed and their depth/potential at shooting guard/small forward has peaked.

Hahahahahahahahaha