Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

6 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I think the beauty of the Celtics is that they're such a strong unit and if one goes down, it's not the end of the world. Again, it ain't like one guy went off today. Tatum/Kemba/Brown are picking up the slack just fine. In the past, if one of them were out, Hayward picked up the slack as well. The chemistry on the team is great. Doesn't allow for "superstar" play, imo. GH should not be maxed again but he is an integral part of the team. 

picking up the slack is a perfect analogy..

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

picking up the slack is a perfect analogy..

How often can your 2nd (or 3rd best player) in Jaylen Brown shoot 6-18 and you win by 20 or whatever? 

That's another thing. How many teams are confused about who their 2/3/4 best players are? Cs have the best starting 5 in the league, imo. Hoping Stevens retires from basketball as a Cetlic 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

How often can your 2nd (or 3rd best player) in Jaylen Brown shoot 6-18 and you win by 20 or whatever? 

That's another thing. How many teams are confused about who their 2/3/4 best players are? Cs have the best starting 5 in the league, imo. Hoping Stevens retires from basketball as a Cetlic 

Stevens or Hayward? Or both?

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

Stevens or Hayward? Or both?

Stevens. 

I like Hayward, but do think he's the most replaceable of the 4. Jaylen plays a similar role and is younger without the injury baggage. Hoping Hayward stays in Boston just because of the lineup versatility, but don't think he's a must have.

3 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Stevens. 

I like Hayward, but do think he's the most replaceable of the 4. Jaylen plays a similar role and is younger without the injury baggage. Hoping Hayward stays in Boston just because of the lineup versatility, but don't think he's a must have.

not sure why you bring up Stevens retiring.. He's like what 29 years old.. LOL. he isn't going back to college, and I don't think there is a better city/NBA franchise he would like better than Boston..

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

not sure why you bring up Stevens retiring.. He's like what 29 years old.. LOL. he isn't going back to college, and I don't think there is a better city/NBA franchise he would like better than Boston..

because I don't want him to leave the celtics and was discussing the system he's built. man, follow context clues old man

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

In today's day an age, given how young Brad is, there is no way he is a Celtic his entire career. We don't get lifer coaches anymore, not with the short temperament of owners. Belichick will likely be the last. 

i think he's safe as long as ainge is here. can't see ainge leaving boston. i mean, given that he is like 38, then yes, another 20-30 years of Stevens is probably unlikely, but i will hope for it nonetheless

I really think Boston will need some big plays from Hayward if we are to win this whole thing..

BUT.. 

Boston made it to one game of the finals without Hayward and was 18-5 this year when Hayward sat.. so trying to win without him, sadly, isn't that much harder.. 

But damn, how much longer can the Semi-Wannamker combo hold up..

I need Miami-Bucks to go 7!!

Edited by resilient part 2

On 9/1/2020 at 3:05 AM, resilient part 2 said:

I really think Boston will need some big plays from Hayward if we are to win this whole thing..

BUT.. 

Boston made it to one game of the finals without Hayward and was 18-5 this year when Hayward sat.. so trying to win without him, sadly, isn't that much harder.. 

But damn, how much longer can the Semi-Wannamker combo hold up..

I need Miami-Bucks to go 7!!

When is he due back?