Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

• 4 weeks later...

1: Kemba Walker/Jeff Teague

2: Marcus Smart/Javonte Green/Payton Pritchard

3: Jaylen Brown/Romeo Langford/Aaron Nesmith

4: Jayson Tatum/Daniel Theis/Grant Williams

5: Tristan Thompson/Robert Williams

I'm happy with this roster. Would mind some depth with a versatile center/power forward like LaMarcus Aldridge or Kevin Love during the season. Otherwise I am very confident this squad will contend with any team in the East.

The Wizards are an underdog right now. Atlanta is the team that isn't quite there but they are on a good trajectory. The Nets are probably going to be a tough team to contend with at some point. The Raptors and Sixers are threats in the conference but not title contenders IMO. To me that leaves the Bucks and the Pacers as the best remaining competition for the Celtics. The Bucks are a clear title contender while the Pacers are more in the same tier as the Hawks.

I think the Celtics can match any team in a full series but they don't inspire a ton of confidence yet because they have a shortened season to gel and acclimate when factoring injuries in.

Whoops, forgot about the Heat. They are as dangerous as the Bucks, probably more so I'd say. They are the tram in the East to beat still. One of the two teams between the Hawks and Pacers will be the eighth seed I imagine.

East Playoff Power Rankings:

1. Heat

2. Celtics

3. Bucks

4. Wizards

5. Sixers

6. Nets

7. Raptors

8. Pacers

Edited by DoleINGout
Miami Heat

11 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

1: Kemba Walker/Jeff Teague

2: Marcus Smart/Javonte Green/Payton Pritchard

3: Jaylen Brown/Romeo Langford/Aaron Nesmith

4: Jayson Tatum/Daniel Theis/Grant Williams

5: Tristan Thompson/Robert Williams

Teague was a very underrated pickup, one of the best veteran backup PG's in the league. And I think Nesmith will be ahead of Langford in the rotation because you can never have too much shooting on the floor. You guys will be very good again and I like your team, my only concern is that you guys really lack size down low. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Teague was a very underrated pickup, one of the best veteran backup PG's in the league. And I think Nesmith will be ahead of Langford in the rotation because you can never have too much shooting on the floor. You guys will be very good again and I like your team, my only concern is that you guys really lack size down low. 

Ill take the toughness, mentality, attitude, desire, and experience of TT at center to go with his rugged rebounding and leadership. I think Time Lord will develop nicely behind TT and Theis can chip in on rotation.

9 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Ill take the toughness, mentality, attitude, desire, and experience of TT at center to go with his rugged rebounding and leadership. I think Time Lord will develop nicely behind TT and Theis can chip in on rotation.

Thompson was definitely a nice addition and will be a good starter, Theis is a solid player, and I also like Robert Williams. But they're all just pretty small for the 5 spot. 

41 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Thompson was definitely a nice addition and will be a good starter, Theis is a solid player, and I also like Robert Williams. But they're all just pretty small for the 5 spot. 

They are small for the spot but also TT has innate rebounding and surge on the offensive boards while Theis makes up for his lack of size with spacing and athleticism as a rotation peice. Williams has the best size of the three and his wingspan and shot blocking are huge compensations for his lack of bulk/elite height.

I'd make a trade for Kevin Love or Mitchell Robinson in a heartbeat this season. Even if it means giving up Marcus Smart, Daniel Theis, or Romeo Langford.

Alex Len, Kevin Looney, Nikola Vucevic, LaMarcus Aldridge, and Julius Randle are okay targets too via trade. I wouldn't give up any of the aforementioned Celtics players for this group of trade targets though.

1: Jeff Teague/Tremont Waters/Kemba Walker*

2: Javonte Green/Payton Pritchard

3: James Harden/Aaron Nesmith/Romeo Langford*

4: Jayson Tatum/Grant Williams

5: Tristan Thompson/Daniel Theis/Robert Williams

Solid squad 👀

Edited by DoleINGout
Langford spelling

• 4 months later...

Priority 2021 FA's that fit the Celtics IMO:

Kyle Lowry

Dwight Howard

Nerlens Noel

Reggie Bullock

TJ McConnell

Torrey Craig

Spencer Dinwiddie, PO

Terence Davis

Norman Powell, PO

Tony Snell

Ish Smith

Khem Birch

Get rid of Marcus Smart already please. They would be wise to not spend a dime on Semi Ojeleye. If possible trade Grant Williams and Carsen Edwards. Evan Fournier isn't worth the money you could divide elsewhere.

Jaylen Brown is a red flag if he played 3 extra games just to get that contract bonus before disclosing the injury to his wrist. Seems deceitful. And the Celtics surely wouldn't demand Brown play those games to get the bonus. I think it is time to move on from Brown too. @Troy Brown

Edited by DoleINGout

4 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:
1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Jaylen Brown is a red flag if he played 3 extra games just to get that contract bonus before disclosing the injury to his wrist. Seems deceitful. And the Celtics surely wouldn't demand Brown play those games to get the bonus. I think it is time to move on from Brown too. @Troy Brown

@Deadpulse

You'll never get me to turn on JB. He was my draft binky that year. When we picked him I wouldn't let myself celebrate until I knew he wasnt getting traded. His civil rights advocacy astounds and impresses me. The man is a leader on the court, in the lockerroom, and in the community. He IS a Bostonian. Celtic lifer as far as I am concerned. 

15 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

You'll never get me to turn on JB. He was my draft binky that year. When we picked him I wouldn't let myself celebrate until I knew he wasnt getting traded. His civil rights advocacy astounds and impresses me. The man is a leader on the court, in the lockerroom, and in the community. He IS a Bostonian. Celtic lifer as far as I am concerned. 

That is all well and good for his causes but I want to get the most I can out of Brown. I would trade him because I don't trust a player who plays injured to the point where he reached a bonus incentive before the end of the regular season and then discloses his injury to the organization/says enough is enough and quits after the fact. It seems like Brown's strength as a spokesman get muddied with being someone at times who is just outspoken and it has created some tension I believe. Jaylen Brown at times strikes me as a guy who just wants to get his spotlight as much as any other good player and he is here to make sure he gets that at times. I think Brown needs "his own" team and will flourish in a different situation more than he can with Tatum around. I just think that pairing is at a fork in the road; the ceiling is reached as a pair and it isn't the height that Brown can touch as apart of a different group of players elsewhere. I think the Celtics and whatever team gets Brown is win-win.

The other aspect is that Brown is fairly injury prone. Not overly-so that he deserves the tag, but he does battle something minor every season that derails the momentum he and the team build.

If I can package Brown and Smart and Pritchard and other assets to get Bradley Beal or a comparable player then I am all for it this off-season. I think with the leftover cap room there are a number of very serviceable role players that the C's can add to build depth on their roster. Check out the list I compiled a few posts back from this for 2021 and let me know what possibilities intrigue you there please.

Edited by DoleINGout

3 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I would trade him because I don't trust a player who plays injured to the point where he reached a bonus incentive before the end of the regular season and then discloses his injury to the organization/says enough is enough and quits after the fact.

Imma need a link for this