Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

On 5/13/2021 at 10:45 PM, Troy Brown said:

If anyone gets moved, it's Kemba/Smart. They ain't gonna move Brown. This just wasn't the year for the Cs timeline. Nesmith, Timelord, Pritchard have flashed pretty huge at points in the year. They need time. 

To play devil's advocate, haven't we heard this for a while now? I'm not saying blow it up and trade Brown (highly against that) but some changes definitely need to be made.

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

To play devil's advocate, haven't we heard this for a while now? I'm not saying blow it up and trade Brown (highly against that) but some changes definitely need to be made.

Kemba was the answer in year 1 with the Celtics, he isn't anymore. 4 year deal was a mistake, as much as I like the dude. 

Lonzo Ball/Pritchard

Nickeil Aexander-Walker/Nesmith/Tony Snell

Fournier/Langford

Tatum/James Johnson

Steven Adams/Williams/Thompson

If a trade were to happen with the Pels.

Perhaps with the Wizards...

Kemba/Pritchard/Edwards

Bradley Beal/Nesmith

Fournier/Langford/Hutchinson

Tatum/Williams

Williams/Daniel Gafford/Thompson

Or a sign and trade involving DeRozen with the Spurs could be in the cards. Memphis and Jaren Jackson Jr. may be on the table. Is the relationship fractured with the Pacers after the Hayward debacle? Because if salvaged, they have issues of their own and maybe a trade involving one of Domantas Sabonis, Malcolm Brogdon, or TJ Warren is explored. Who knows, maybe things just go south these last two play in games and the Celtics in the offseason mutually agree with Stevens on a trade involving him somewhere.

I expect something big.

As for the Wizards game, I would be surprised if the Wizards don't win rather handily. Against the next team, Hornets or Pacers it is no sure thing either but I would like the Celtics chances a little better.

7 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Agreed in that relying entirely on youth is not working. Kemba wasnt supposed to break down so fast and that signing seemed like the one that was supposed to allow Tatum and brown time to develop. 

It will be interesting if Fournier resigns and if Smart is on the team next year. I dont think Fournier is as ultra efficient as Ingles but I think that's the type of role he should be in.

11 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Agreed in that relying entirely on youth is not working. Kemba wasnt supposed to break down so fast and that signing seemed like the one that was supposed to allow Tatum and brown time to develop. 

It will be interesting if Fournier resigns and if Smart is on the team next year. I dont think Fournier is as ultra efficient as Ingles but I think that's the type of role he should be in.

Honestly Kemba should come off the bench at this point and be a 6th man scorer and distributor. Unfortunately its hard to justify paying that contract to a 6th man. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

@DoleINGoutI'm with you. Count me out on any deals involving Brown, especially if it's for Beal. 

I'd rather keep Brown and Tatum, and figure out the rest, with them being our building pieces. I don't see Tatum + Beal being enough to get it done. 

You'd think you'd have to include Brown, but after what Houston got for Harden...

Smart, Thompson, whatever young player Washington likes most, and a bunch of 1sts and swaps.