1. 1. Who wins on Sunday?

• Browns
    • Who Dey?
    • Dey Who?
    • Hornby
    • Kiwi
    • The entire state of Ohio

43 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

hey guys we won regardless if @LETSGOBROWNIES called out the entire forum. Maybe OBJ is the problem for baker but either way its REFRESHING to see this type of QB play which we havent seen since his rookie year.

When my wife comes up to me and says: We won!, I am used to saying: We didn't lose.

Must say the same about today's game considering that CIN is a bottom-dwelling team.

It's been like three hours now. The truth is being 5-2 is very cool regardless of the posts or comments that happened along the way. Would love a stable four quarters from Baker, but I will take any win ever. He deserves a week of Cheesecake Factory parking lot trips for this one. 

• Like 3

As far as Baker, this game changes nothing for me. Yes he was pretty much perfect after the first two drives but he isn't a finished product. He has the ability to be great and that's what I'm waiting for, not every QB has that ability and not even every #1 overall pick.

As far as it was just the Bengals, Lamar was 19/37 for 180 yards 2TD and 1 pick (there were 3 or 4 dropped interceptions also) against the Bengals.

As for the team, we have to score 35 points per game to beat anyone. That isn't going to get us very far. I know Baker needs to grow and we need to get healthy but until we figure something out on defense it is all secondary. We can get to the playoffs with this defense but we can't make a run.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

All we need is a significant contribution from Jordan Elliot and Jacob Phillips and this draft class looks pretty damn good

Elliott has been solid... just hasn't made any splash plays. I think Phillips has been solid for a rookie too, but the dude has missed numerous games already.

If Delpiit can come back 100% and prove he's the real deal, that'll be HUGE for our defense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

It's been like three hours now. The truth is being 5-2 is very cool regardless of the posts or comments that happened along the way. Would love a stable four quarters from Baker, but I will take any win ever. He deserves a week of Cheesecake Factory parking lot trips for this one. 

I'm just hoping this is the type of game that will help get Baker his confidence back.

I've watched his press conferences after most games (don't ask me why, since the reporters ask the most vapid questions 99% of the time) and you could tell Baker was just really happy today. Even in the games we've won and he had did a good job managing the game, he didn't seem despondent or anything but didn't necessarily seem overly happy either. His attitude just seemed different today and for the better.

This was the first time in a long time where he absolutely succeeded when being asked to put the team on his back. A confident Baker and one who doesn't feel the need to force the ball to OBJ could be just what we need.