Possible trades before deadline

With Nov 3 deadline, Browns need to make some adjustments to strengthen their roster particularly on defense.  The first question is priority of needs on defense as I am assuming Mayfield is on the field rest of this year and maybe next.  As mentioned in previous posts, we need help at safety, cornerback, speed lb, and de/de.  Also, there are some trade bait in Ndjoku, Vernon, Greedy Williams, and possibly Beckham with draft picks if needed.  IMHO, I would look at safety first and foremost long term solution as we need next year too. Then, speed lb short term!  Also sign Clay Matthews!  I understand it is 6 games into season but if we are going anywhere this year we must produce a defense that can put constant pressure on QB with experienced safeties Who can tackle and speed LB to cover TE and RB. We are solid in cornerbacks. Bottom line is I believe in Berry and know he has been talking to teams that have no chance for playoffs this year and want to dump salary.  We have cap space, some players that will not be back next year, and draft picks.  What do you think or propose?

At 4-2 and in the thick of things, really the only thing that makes sense is acquiring a CB, S, and EDGE help. We are stuck with Mayfield the rest of the way and need to get closure on him regardless, and trading assets like OBJ or selling low on Greedy and Njoku is less than ideal.

We can always make moves going forward in the off-season, when value will be just as high if not higher.

I would make a push for Dak or even look to acquire Stafford or Matt Ryan, and then use the draft ammunition we have to address the defense, while locking up Chubb on the long term.

• Like 1

I don't think we make any move unless it's shipping off a guy like Njoku for draft picks. At this point, we know which teams the Browns should beat and which teams we've got no shot in. Not a single person is going to change that unless Russell Wilson decides he wants to be a Brown. 

1 minute ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Pretty sure if the lions trade stafford it’s like 25 million in dead money hit... don’t foresee that happening and I cant see the falcons trading Ryan without any semblance of a replacement already on the team 

Not to mention, you can't just plug a QB into a lineup without a bunch of prep time unless they've already been in the system. 

1 minute ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Not to mention, you can't just plug a QB into a lineup without a bunch of prep time unless they've already been in the system. 

I mean Ryan has played in the Shannahan system before and did well but again the Falcons aren’t trading him unless they already had his successor on the team which they dont

1 hour ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I mean Ryan has played in the Shannahan system before and did well but again the Falcons aren’t trading him unless they already had his successor on the team which they dont

Yeah, only way the Falcons possibly trade Ryan is in the offseason if they land Lawrence or Fields. And even Fields is someone I could see them passing on, and therefore they'd keep Ryan.

2 hours ago, zelbell said:

Myles Jack would be perfect but the cost will be too high

There is no cost too high for a player of that caliber that would make your team better. We need to stop holding draft picks like God and improve weak points 

The Steelers traded a 1 for Mincah Fitzpatrick and the Seahawks traded the moon for Jamal Adams.

If Myles Jack costs the Browns a 1st rounder you make the trade if it means putting him next to Myles Garrett for the next 5 years.

The Browns roster (when healthy) is stacked. We no longer need to be hoarding draft picks for a rebuild that's not happening

You guys need to think if you give njoku the equivalent of a 4th round tender then someone has to pay a 3rd round comp price to get him.

Then you get him for pennies on the dollar or a 3rd round comp pick.

It is going to take a really good offer to get Njoku.