Possible trades before deadline

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

I love Thielen as a player, but that makes no sense to me.

We give up a nice pick (or 2) for a guy who's 30 and has a big contract.  We're already paying 2 WR's big money.

Unless it's really cheap on the draft pick side, I don't like it.  Doesn't seem like a move Berry would make either.

I bet OBJ is getting moved for a 2nd in the offseason.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Eh, we’d be lucky to get a 2 for a guy coming off major surgery with underwhelming production and a huge contract.

JMHO

His value is really hard to predict imo.

The logical side of me thinks, it’s been 4 years since he was the guy most people think of when they think of OBJ.

The other side thinks that all it takes is one coach who thinks they can fix him or one GM that thinks “it’s the Browns” and he’ll be great when he’s out of here.

Both could happen and it wouldn’t shock me at all.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

His value is really hard to predict imo.

The logical side of me thinks, it’s been 4 years since he was the guy most people think of when they think of OBJ.

The other side thinks that all it takes is one coach who thinks they can fix him or one GM that thinks “it’s the Browns” and he’ll be great when he’s out of here.

Both could happen and it wouldn’t shock me at all.

It could happen, but I think we’d be lucky and maybe have to take on a bad contract in return for a pick that high.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Leave it to the Browns to acquire a WR and ignore blatant needs at the DE, LB, and secondary at the trade deadline.

Vikings have two aging pro bowl safeties on the block.... that Stefanskis worked with before.... could be had for a mid/late pick. Makes too much sense 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Vikings have two aging pro bowl safeties on the block.... that Stefanskis worked with before.... could be had for a mid/late pick. Makes too much sense 

One of these two has to be our primary target.

Unless the asking price is significantly higher than expected, we NEED to get one of these two.

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Unless the asking price is significantly higher than expected, we NEED to get one of these two.

or or or hear me out......Justin Simmons who is 26 years old and not chase the 30 year old safety. 

Edited by AkronsWitness

44 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Now, if we traded a 2nd Rounder and landed Thielen AND Harrison Smith and were also able to unload OBJ in the offseason for a 2nd/3rd round pick, then sign me up for a major package like that.

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

or or or hear me out......Justin Simmons who is 26 years old and not chase the 30 year old safety.

Yeah he’s great, but what’s the compensation?

We’d owe them a draft pick and Simmons likely a market setting contract.

I’m not saying I wouldn’t be game, I just don’t have a clue what they’re even asking.

The upside for Smith in mind is he’s also very good, has experience working Woods and is already under contract for next season at a reasonable number.  The draft pick compensation will likely be less too.

Either are an upgrade to Sendejo though lol

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah he’s great, but what’s the compensation?

We’d owe them a draft pick and Simmons likely a market setting contract.

I’m not saying I wouldn’t be game, I just don’t have a clue what they’re even asking.

The upside for Smith in mind is he’s also very good, has experience working Woods and is already under contract for next season at a reasonable number.  The draft pick compensation will likely be less too.

Either are an upgrade to Sendejo though lol

Yeah Im just looking for Sendejo to be gone forever at this point. Simmons would likely cost a 2nd rounder or maybe a 3rd + something else. 

I have no idea what their trade values are but if we are going to be giving a 3rd or something for Smith/Harris I would much rather pay a little bit more for Simmons