Possible trades before deadline

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Who are these great DE’s on the market?

At best you get a has been with a bloated salary, otherwise it’s a young player who at most has been hit or miss and their team doesn’t think they’re worth resigning.

Again, is a has been or 50/50 gamble closing the gap between us and the top shelf teams?

I’m just saying Ravens aren’t invulnerable 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No one, as I’ve said repeatedly we’re not one player away.

Yeah we are not one player away but we could trade for a player that is one step closer. You can’t fill every hole in the draft or in one offseason. So why not make a move that helps now and down the road.

now who is that player(s)? Who knows but they need to look around 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sure, but they toyed with us week one.  Same with the Steelers.

We’ve beat some turds, but we’re not ready for the bright lights and one or two mid season moves doesn’t move the needle enough to make a difference.

We might not be ready but that doesn’t mean to not make any moves. If you have a chance to make the team better, you do it. Just can’t be a rental player 

Just now, buno67 said:

Yeah we are not one player away but we could trade for a player that is one step closer. You can’t fill every hole in the draft or in one offseason. So why not make a move that helps now and down the road.

now who is that player(s)? Who knows but they need to look around 

And I’ve repeatedly said I’m fine with that.

IF there’s a deal that’s beneficial that is a good value, go for it.

But this idea that we need to be mortgaging the future because we have to win a SB by next year is poor logic.  You go all in when you’re capable of being “that team”.  We’re not.  We’ve beat the bengals twice and some also rans.  

Against the top teams we get out ish pushed in.

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No one, as I’ve said repeatedly we’re not one player away.

Our goal right now is to get to the playoffs, not win the super bowl.

What team in nfl history went from historically bad to magically winning the super bowl in 1 year with no playoff experience prior?

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If a coach is getting 2 years to make us elite then we might as well just stop wasting our time now, because Haslam is delusional.

Could it happen then? Sure.  But the idea it’s Super Bowl or bust year 2 is absurd.

If we miss the playoffs this year and miss the playoffs next year. 

You think Haslam is delusional for expecting playoffs year 3?

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Our goal right now is to get to the playoffs, not win the super bowl.

What team in nfl history went from historically bad to magically winning the super bowl in 1 year with no playoff experience prior?

And you don’t make short sighted moves to be good enough to lose wild card weekend.

I’d love to see a solid move made as much as anyone, god knows we need about 3-4 positions upgraded on the defense, but if the right deal doesn’t come along I have no interest in blowing premium assets on some middling at best player on an 8 game rental so we can thump our chests about being 3rd in the division and a WC team.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If we miss the playoffs this year and miss the playoffs next year. 

You think Haslam is delusional for expecting playoffs year 3?

I think needing to make the playoffs by year 3 by default makes neither this year or next “must win” situations, so I’m not sure why we would operate like it does?

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I also think teams are hesitant to take on contracts considering the uncertainty regarding the cap next year.

This is a legit issue imo.

Now this is actually very legitimate and I’d understand it completely.

If we don’t make moves due to COVIDs impact on the salary cap, I get it.

What our roster shows is the inept nature of dorsey management. 

We lost two solid defensive ends, who were replaced by an expensive old end and a young defensive end who was worse, Chad 'free agent' thomas. 0 steps forward two steps back. 

We trade a one and a 3 for obj. Obj is hurt. Baker never needed obj in the first place. 

If dorsey had just run te course we could have fielded, Myles Garrett, dexter lawrence, sheldon richardson, larry o as a reserve, one of Ogbah and nassib as our DE. More cap and better talent on defense. 

• Like 1