Possible trades before deadline

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yannick traded for a 3rd

King traded for a 6th

Alexander traded for a 5th

3 difference making players at our 3 biggest areas of need. All traded for table scraps.

Based on my sources, Yannick did not want to go from Jacksonville to Cleveland, as he thought at the time that Minnesota would be the contender going forward of the two teams. He was clearly wrong. Either way, he said behind closed doors that he would not sign an extension with us.

Alexander's injury history and price tag just didn't make sense. This was never discussed seriously, and Alexander is viewed by our team as being more of a salary dump situation.

I mentioned King, but the thoughts are King not being plug-and-play mid-season, likely rusty from lack of use and then needing to learn a new system, as well as the expectations that Delpit and Harrison are the starters for 2021 made it an imperfect situation. I disagreed with the FO on this one, as the hedge was reasonable IMO, and management acknowledged my respectful dissent. They also like Redwine more than most, and they are still holding out hope that he continues to develop, as he is young, twitchy and from a solid program.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yannick traded for a 3rd

King traded for a 6th

Alexander traded for a 5th

3 difference making players at our 3 biggest areas of need. All traded for table scraps.

King is the only one I'm disappointed with.

Yannkick is gonna be a free agent and supposedly wants to be in Baltimore, so I don't blame Berry for not making a move for him. Alexander is fairly one-dimensional and is overpaid.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DawgX said:

King is the only one I'm disappointed with.

Yannkick is gonna be a free agent and supposedly wants to be in Baltimore, so I don't blame Berry for not making a move for him. Alexander is fairly one-dimensional and is overpaid.

Pretty sure king is set to become a free agent too

32 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Pretty sure king is set to become a free agent too

Well, there's a big difference between trading a third round pick for a player set to become a FA and a sixth round pick. A sixth round pick is well worth it even if he's only a half-year rental, while a third round pick isn't worth it for a team like us.

50 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Is there any rumors out there right now?

As weird as this sounds, I think less rumors = us being more likely to trade. We’re always rumored to like some free agent and it never happens.

The Ronnie Harrison trade came out of nowhere.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

I'm not sad that we didn't waste picks on shirt term rentals for a team that at best is a first round playoff loser this year. Long term, long term, long term...

Yeah I have a lot of hopes for that 6th round pick. Gotta beef up our practice squad. 

as usual it’s picks>Actually players 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah I have a lot of hopes for that 6th round pick. Gotta beef up our practice squad. 

as usual it’s picks>Actually players 

1. Im STUNNED that you are less than optimistic about something.

2. The player we are getting for a mid or late round pick does not change how this season will end and will then be a FA. Its a waste of an asset. If I thought we could seriously compete with the elite teams this season, then go for it. We don't.

3. Im totally fine for big assets going to a guy like Williams from the Jets. Good young player under control for a few years. 

The rentals just don't make sense given our current position and the fact that the nerds like assets.

• Like 2