Possible trades before deadline

If the Browns want to even start contending, they need major help in the secondary and EDGE opposite Myles, not to mention a viable MLB. They probably even need another CB opposite Ward so that they can move Mitchell to the slot.

I'd be picking up the phone and inquiring about Harrison Smith from Minnesota and I'd actually inquire about Carlos Dunlap too, divisional opponent or not. Vernon is absolute garbage.

At least we could play with someone capable opposite Myles and immediately exchange our worst player on either side of the ball in Sandejo for a guy who is rock solid.

From there, you hope that Greedy can come back healthy after the bye and Joseph is healthy.

S: Smith, Joseph, Redwine, Harrison Jr.

CB: Ward, Greedy, Mitchell moves to the slot

LB: Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN 

...but you can't fix everything and our run defense has been very solid so far this year

Yeah it’s time to get creative and try to find some fixes for the defense.

We don’t need to go all in on one player or make a huge move, but if there are some upgrades available and the price is reasonable, now is the time.

I wouldn’t hold my breath on Dunlap though, I can’t see the Bengals moving him in the division and if they did he almost assuredly is washed.

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Perriman would be ideal as he’s already got a rapport won’t Baker and adds the speed element we’re losing with OBJ being hurt.

Plus he's on a one year deal on a team that is horrible. Shouldn't cost more than a 6th I'd think.

16 minutes ago, MarkPrice25 said:

Breshad Perriman WR, Brian Poole CB and Avery Williamson LB in a package deal with the Jets. Don't know how much we'd need to give though.

I think a package deal would be tough.

Theyre likely looking for a pick for each of them, or a mid rounder for all 3.

Not sure I’d sink a mid rounder for 3 half season rentals, none of whom are all that great.  I’d do a late rounder for Perriman though, he played some of his best football with Baker and is motivated for a new deal.

I understand wanting to go for a WR, but I think this is a great chance to give Higgins/DPJ more playing time and see if they can grow in this offense. Plus the continuity is already there with them so I would like to see them step up.

After watching last game, I think still the most glaring need is a 2nd pass rusher. Vernon leaves so much to be desired. I would go see what the Washington Football Team wants for a guy like Ryan Kerrigan since he is pretty much out of the rotation with Sweat/Young.

1 minute ago, Browns1987 said:

I dont think Berry will make a big trade, unless its a player with potential on a rookie contract.

We are not SB contenders, so I highly doubt that we are going to spend big bucks on players past their peak and expensive.

Going all in on someone doesn’t make sense, but if teams are selling a clear upgrade at a reasonable cost, we’d be idiots to not jump on it.

Weve got like 11 picks in April.  We don’t need 11 rookies.  Using one or two of those picks on established guys to help the QB or sure up our defense for a year and a half isn’t the worst use of draft capital.

But no, he’s not going to swing for the fences I’d imagine.

6 minutes ago, Browns1987 said:

I dont think Berry will make a big trade, unless its a player with potential on a rookie contract.

We are not SB contenders, so I highly doubt that we are going to spend big bucks on players past their peak and expensive.

Not going for it all? If we manage 3 more wins it would be the 4th best season we've had in the last 30 years. A season like that only comes around for us every 8 or so years. Trade everything to win now! We won't be good again until 2028 it isn't like we will have anyone from our roster/coaching staff/management or ownership around at that time.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I understand wanting to go for a WR, but I think this is a great chance to give Higgins/DPJ more playing time and see if they can grow in this offense. Plus the continuity is already there with them so I would like to see them step up.

After watching last game, I think still the most glaring need is a 2nd pass rusher. Vernon leaves so much to be desired. I would go see what the Washington Football Team wants for a guy like Ryan Kerrigan since he is pretty much out of the rotation with Sweat/Young.

Good call, plus I think if we were to get a viable pass rush opposite of Garrett or inside, that would help our pass defense tremendously. Here are a few names I would be interested in trading for:

AJ Epenesa, Christian Wilkins, Jerry Tillery, Tim Settle, Efe Obada,. Rashan Gary 

23 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Good call, plus I think if we were to get a viable pass rush opposite of Garrett or inside, that would help our pass defense tremendously. Here are a few names I would be interested in trading for:

AJ Epenesa, Christian Wilkins, Jerry Tillery, Tim Settle, Efe Obada,. Rashan Gary 

Don't think those teams would be looking to trade guys like Epenesa, Wilkins, and Tillery.

• Like 2