Rams vs Bears GT, 10/26, MNF

beardown3231

I’m not too comfortable with this game.  I fear that after a quiet week, Donald is going to commit war crimes against our OL.  Our defense has held them in check the last two times they’ve faced off so I wouldn’t be shocked to see another relatively low scoring game.

Rams - 20

Bears - 17

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I’m not too comfortable with this game.  I fear that after a quiet week, Donald is going to commit war crimes against our OL.  Our defense has held them in check the last two times they’ve faced off so I wouldn’t be shocked to see another relatively low scoring game.

Rams - 20

Bears - 17

LOL

You don't think Coward can block Donald?  Com'on, really?

I am still proud I was pounding table for Bears to target Donald while college football season was still in effect.   I knew he was going to be an NFL star before anyone was talking about him.  That was in a different forum than this one.  It was a football coaching forum.  

I give credit to M. Mayock on Mack.   He was on him very early and accurately for NFL network.   

Edited by dll2000
typo
  • Like 1

Rams are favored by 6.   That is a big line.  6 and up means odds makers and/or betting public thinks game is not close.

Bears have been underdogs in every game except the Giants game I think.

Reminds me of year Northwestern went to Rose Bowl in 90s.   They were dogs in every game and won outright week after week.   It was crazy.   

Media just refused to respect them because they were Northwestern and majority of betting public went along with it.   My roommate bet them every week it was like he was cashing a pay check, why it sticks in my head.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BearsFanForever said:

would you guys trade for Goff if he was available?

No.   He isn't even better than Foles IMO and he is crazy expensive to boot.

I think dumbest thing a team can do is pay a non-elite QB elite QB money.   I think Cowboys dodged a bullet with Prescott who is good, but not elite.

Jones is getting roasted, but he did right thing.   Where he screwed up was on gambling on retreads on DL and injury prone LBs and his high OL draft picks and resigns have not been able to stay healthy.   Now team is falling apart because team lacks discipline and is facing adversity.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

No.   He isn't even better than Foles IMO and he is crazy expensive to boot.

I think dumbest thing a team can do is pay a non-elite QB elite QB money.   I think Cowboys dodged a bullet with Prescott who is good, but not elite.

Jones is getting roasted, but he did right thing.   Where he screwed up was on gambling on retreads on DL and injury prone LBs and his high OL draft picks and resigns have not been able to stay healthy.   Now team is falling apart because team lacks discipline and is facing adversity.

Well he's 110% better than Foles, come on, but yeah with the cost it'd make the trade useless for the Bears

The concern for me is that the OL is garbage and Foles is a statue.

I can see the Rams squatting routes very short, and getting a pick 6 off Foles because he's going to be forced to basically snap and immediately throw to keep himself alive/upright. I think we can similarly pressure Goff, but I'm going to call that Darrell Henderson finally breaks out and has a breakaway TD vs us as well. If I'm spotting the Rams 2 scores already, I'm not at all confident our offense can bounce back and make up the difference.

I also see that game as by far the most winnable of the next 3....

Saints will be a bit tougher, Kamara will run all over us and Brees has the skills to pick our D apart, even if they're really under performing as a team this year.

The Titans game however, I pretty much already have marked as a loss... They're just going to run the ball with impunity and absolutely dominate the LoS.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Goff is 100x better than Foles, and I do not think Goff is special at all.

Foles sucks, he just sucks less than Mitch.

Good lord no. Foles and goff are fairly similar. Foles is at least mentally tough and doesn't need his hand held. Tru and Goff may as well be the same person.