Rams vs Bears GT, 10/26, MNF

beardown3231

14 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

The things is though. Good QBs can over come these type of adversities and neither Mitch or Foles have ever shown that they could. Atleast not on a consistent basis anyhow. 

I say this all the time.....I know Troy Aikman had HOF OLineman, but whaen can you remember Rodgers just giving up on a season because of an OLine. Or really any HOF quarterback having a garbage year because of the OL?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Trying not to get too down on this loss, but it’s always tough to get over a prime time beating like this.  And that score is not even close to indicative of how badly the bears played.  

I know playoffs are still well within reach, but i can’t help but thinking of how this team improves moving forward.  They need probably 3-4 new OL (no way that all gets corrected in one offseason), a QB, and probably even a WR (my gut feeling is ARob is a goner after this year).  Pace is gonna have to get creative, especially with the cap anticipated to go down next year.

Even if A-Rob stays, we need a 2. Miller should go, as should Patterson and Ginn. Wims is okay as a 4-5 and Mooney is showing flashes of being an okay 3 but we don’t have a 2. 

3 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Trying not to get too down on this loss, but it’s always tough to get over a prime time beating like this.  And that score is not even close to indicative of how badly the bears played.  

I know playoffs are still well within reach, but i can’t help but thinking of how this team improves moving forward.  They need probably 3-4 new OL (no way that all gets corrected in one offseason), a QB, and probably even a WR (my gut feeling is ARob is a goner after this year).  Pace is gonna have to get creative, especially with the cap anticipated to go down next year.

I disagree, I actually think the score should have been closer....our defense is the most heavily penalized in the NFL and we are still good, had some bad ones against us tonight.

Had a few dropped balls as well, plus Nick just missing a few guys. I easily could have seen 24-17

Dude the Rams just showed up for a home game in prime time and they are a good team. They could have gone to 4-3 and us 6-1 or we both be 5-2....guess who was hungrier.

Like I said before this was the easiest let down game to call of the season, had we we gone to LA and went 6-1 on primetime, I legit would say the Bears are the super bowl front runners.

4 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Even if A-Rob stays, we need a 2. Miller should go, as should Patterson and Ginn. Wims is okay as a 4-5 and Mooney is showing flashes of being an okay 3 but we don’t have a 2. 

For a rookie, Mooney is about as good as a #2 can be....mind you this is with a COVID offseason.

Kind of sad about Miller not working out. Dont even know why we are talking about Ginn, he is only playing because Cohen is out....Cohen and Patterson play WR/RB....pretty simple.....nobody starts the season wanting a 37 year old returning punts but hey thats why you sign emergency guys.

3 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I disagree, I actually think the score should have been closer....our defense is the most heavily penalized in the NFL and we are still good, had some bad ones against us tonight.

Had a few dropped balls as well, plus Nick just missing a few guys. I easily could have seen 24-17

Dude the Rams just showed up for a home game in prime time and they are a good team. They could have gone to 4-3 and us 6-1 or we both be 5-2....guess who was hungrier.

Like I said before this was the easiest let down game to call of the season, had we we gone to LA and went 6-1 on primetime, I legit would say the Bears are the super bowl front runners.

Defense wins championships and ours is competent but we aren’t winning anything with no run game and a lackluster passing attack (although Foles likes to do nothing until playoffs at times) 

14 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Defense wins championships and ours is competent but we aren’t winning anything with no run game and a lackluster passing attack (although Foles likes to do nothing until playoffs at times) 

Meh, I dont know man, football is not like basketball, never know whats gonna happen. The Bears basically picked the luckiest QB since Eli Manning and just said " get to the playoffs and we might have a shot"

We definitely arent approaching this thing like Baltimore or KC. Ive made peace with that.

We also arent a bad team so everyone can stop talking about tanking.

20 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I like your optimism man I really do. I try to be myself but I've just had this gut feeling for a while now that Nagy is not the right coach for this team and that they need a reset there and possibly at GM too. I know this sounds like crazy talk being 5-2 but it's just how I feel.

There have been signs over the past couple of years with former Bears hinting at coaching issues by making indirect critical comments of Nagy...such as Kyle Long, Ted Larsen and now Foles with his comments to Griese about Nagy's play calling.

I'm starting to see a trend here....

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I like your optimism man I really do. I try to be myself but I've just had this gut feeling for a while now that Nagy is not the right coach for this team and that they need a reset there and possibly at GM too. I know this sounds like crazy talk being 5-2 but it's just how I feel.

There have been signs over the past couple of years with former Bears hinting at coaching issues by making indirect critical comments of Nagy...such as Kyle Long, Ted Larsen and now Foles with his comments to Griese about Nagy's play calling.

I'm starting to see a trend here....

Honestly i think picking Trubisky was just the thing....Tru was #2 overall and we traded up.....thats Peyton Manning levels....you can't recover from that kind of mistake by Pace, Nagy might be a casualty

8 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Honestly i think picking Trubisky was just the thing....Tru was #2 overall and we traded up.....thats Peyton Manning levels....you can't recover from that kind of mistake by Pace, Nagy might be a casualty

Yes you can recover. The Titans look to be doing just that after drafting Mariota and him flaming out. But they also have a GM that knows you need a good OL and a HC that actually knows what he's doing.

Nagy is lost man. If you don't think it you will eventually realize it. I'm telling you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Bet that isn’t comfortable 

Depends on the fence. Is it the log-style? Probably not too bad. Is it a picket fence? If so, gross. 

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Matt Nagy: exposed?

He has been since the 2018 Rams game. Even before that he relied on gimmick plays too much, when teams adjusted he has fielded a crap offense routinely.

Good HC, crap offensive mind overall. As I've said repeatedly, he needs to take the John Harbaugh role with the team.

2 hours ago, dafreak said:

For the 24th time in Matt Nagy's 40 games as Bears coach, the offense has failed to get to 21 points.

This is the point I alluded to when talking with @JAF-N72EX. Either Pace needs to force the playcalling to someone else or both need booted. Beating up on bad teams an surprising 1-2 games a year is football purgatory, especially when the GM struggles with first round picks.

• Like 1

Good game Bears fans. 

Dont know most of you but I know that @JAF-N72EX is a level headed and clear thinking dude. 

Some of you other guys who think Goff is in the same tier as your QBs really need to pick up a football sometime in your life rather than just sit on the couch and flip the channels 

You guys will still prolly make playoffs, but I’d be super worried about the offense. D looks really good and can take over games. 

Good luck the rest of the way

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

Good game Bears fans. 

Dont know most of you but I know that @JAF-N72EX is a level headed and clear thinking dude. 

Some of you other guys who think Goff is in the same tier as your QBs really need to pick up a football sometime in your life rather than just sit on the couch and flip the channels 

You guys will still prolly make playoffs, but I’d be super worried about the offense. D looks really good and can take over games. 

Good luck the rest of the way

Yeah I’d take Goff in a cocaine heartbeat over the two the Bears have.

Unfortunately were all too familiar with the idea of having a championship caliber defense and a high school level offense.  It’s essentially the same story, different year(s).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Yes you can recover. The Titans look to be doing just that after drafting Mariota and him flaming out. But they also have a GM that knows you need a good OL and a HC that actually knows what he's doing.

Nagy is lost man. If you don't think it you will eventually realize it. I'm telling you.

Completely agree on Nagy, his play calling is baffling at times. I think he and Pace will both be on the hot seat after the Bears undoubtedly miss the playoffs. This team is simply not good enough, regardless of their 5-2 record.