beardown3231

Rams vs Bears GT, 10/26, MNF

This is a game where we're really going to miss Daniels.  Donald is going to eat our interior OL up. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

This is a game where we're really going to miss Daniels.  Donald is going to eat our interior OL up. 

2018 Donald didn't do anything against him and whoever the C was. I remember being impressed because he was only 20

Running the football is out of the question this game. Should be screen passing and quick passing them down the field. Defense is going to probably need 2-3 turnovers. 

This is a tough game to project.

Rams are overrated as a team I think due to how their schedule fell, but obviously Bears are not world beaters at this point either and have also had some favorable match ups.  

But at least teams were motivated against Bears, some of Rams opponents mailed it in from kick off and expansion teams have played better.

Rams want to run the ball where Bears have been vulnerable and they have best defensive player in game against weakest component of Bears.   

On other hand, Bears D looked much improved last week and seems to be arrow pointing up.   Goff will give you the ball on occasion and Bears can generate turnovers.

Their running back is very fast, but is not difficult to bring down.   But if he sees big holes, and there have been several this season, he can take them farther than other backs have been able to do.  

The Rams first half defensive game plan against 49ers was about as bad as it gets.  But 49ers D played pretty well.

I think if Bears can take away the run and Kupp I think that is key to shutting down this offense.  They want to run and Kupp is Goff’s safety net (even though he just had a bad game).

Bears have to protect Foles.  49ers doubled Donald almost every play.  Bears should do same.  

I am not sure if Leno hasn’t missed nearly as many blocks as he had made this season.  I don’t know grading, but I can’t see how our LT play can be much worse.    We may make Floyd look like a star for one of few times of his career.

Game will be decided by turnovers I think.   Rams don’t have a great D, but it isn’t bad.   Bears should be able to score if wheels don’t come off bus with missed blocks.

Rams are favored by 6, but I would call this game a pick em.   If I was betting, gun to my  head, I would take Rams to win and Bears to cover.  But betting is for suckers.

I do think if Bears can get out to a nice lead the Rams may fold.  I don’t think they are as mentally tough as Bears.  

Edited by dll2000
Typo

13 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Running the football is out of the question this game. Should be screen passing and quick passing them down the field. Defense is going to probably need 2-3 turnovers. 

We are the worst screen team ever.

I think we are going to score 9-12 points.

I noticed Pagano is running a lot more stunts.   Good.  About time.

Quinn hasn’t been getting stats, but he is taking out two OL and letting other people get home.  

• Like 1

Oh and their kicker sucks.   Could be key in a close game.  

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think we are going to score 9-12 points.

You have to hit downfield passes before you can run screens or at least other team has to fear it.  

Also Bears OL run by guys or fall down inexplicably or when they or WRs actually make their blocks then WR will run straight to defender instead of upfield.

Frustrating.   The key to running screens is to practice block fits in space.   You have to pay attention to details.

Bears/Nagy feel like they don’t have to actually practice proper execution I think.   They think these guys are pro’s we’ll just run our plays half speed against a shell defense and it will magically happen.

Its why they miss 90% of cut blocks.  They don’t practice them properly.  Good tech doesn’t just happen.  It is learned and practice.   I get you don’t want people to get hurt in practice, but you have to be creative in practicing fundamentals.   You have things called dummies and other tools.  

If I was coach every time Leno fell down without touching a defender I would play the reel 50x in front of whole team on Monday.

Same with everyone else.  Every time someone walked while a live ball was in play (which happened last week multiple times) I would play in front of everyone multiple times.

Nagy is a players coach, but he has to start holding some guys accountable.   

• Like 1

My film session:

Here is where a sniper takes out Leno.   He must have been hiding in the massive crowd because we haven’t found him yet.     

I think Whitehair was wearing a chloroform mask on sideline, its only explanation for this piss poor effort.  He was dizzy from fumes.  Surely he wouldn’t do that on purpose?

Miller had some where else to be on this play and couldn’t be bothered to block for Montgomery.   See him walking there while ball is live?  I get it.  He hates Montgomery.  What did he do to you Miller?  Explain so we can understand why you would be walking here (as I rewinded it again and again).

And so on.

• Like 2

The fundamentals have been frustrating.   

Oline is too high like 80% of time on run blocks and off balance (head too far forward) on pass blocking.   

Get better.  They CAN do it.  I have seen them do it.   I have seen them do it this season.  They are being lazy.   

Massie is playing pretty good most of time and he lacks talent and ability of these other guys.   He is slowest guy on OL and has worst feet.  He is doing it with effort and better technique.  

12 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I don't know. They don't run it enough. They also rarely call what would be considered a regular screen. 

9 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't know. They don't run it enough. They also rarely call what would be considered a regular screen. 

It feels like every team runs a true RB screen and gets 8-20 yards every time. The Bears though? Nope.

• Like 1

The Rams are beatable.  It's a given that Goff will get rattled by our DL pressure, the O just has to do their part and make sure they put up some points this time around.

For as bad as this team played last year in LA against these same Rams they still only lost by 10 pts.  And this was with the Trubisky benching and Daniel playing for a bit.

I'd like to think Foles will do better but we'll see.  Like others have mentioned the OL has to step up and give Foles some time because Donald will wreak havoc.