Rams vs Bears GT, 10/26, MNF

beardown3231

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If I was Trubisky I would be laughing my *** off.

Nagy drives the bus over you and now looks like a fool and has no one to drive it over.

This is why I feel for Mitch man. People can argue that he was given lots of chances sure but was he ever really given a good situation to learn and grow while being protected with a strong supporting cast? The answer is no

• Like 1

Also, love the people praising Cordarelle for taking it out of the end zone every return regardless of how deep it is. Totally worth starting every drive at the 18 after he hops out of bounds as opposed to the 25 when there is a 3% chance he breaks one and takes it to the 35 instead. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

This is why I feel for Mitch man. People can argue that he was given lots of chances sure but was he ever really given a good situation to learn and grow while being protected with a strong supporting cast? The answer is no

His situation honestly is possibly on par with Cuttys. Cutler never got a firm foundation as his coordinators coaches and schemes were always shifting and being replaced. And tru just got stuck with a clueless offense and borderline awful supporting cast. He was surely raw coming out and maybe could’ve found his potential but not in this lol. 

Just now, Ty21 said:

His situation honestly is possibly on par with Cuttys. Cutler never got a firm foundation as his coordinators coaches and schemes were always shifting and being replaced. And tru just got stuck with a clueless offense and borderline awful supporting cast. He was surely raw coming out and maybe could’ve found his potential but not in this lol. 

Having Hester and Knox as your premier guys didn’t help a whole lot either 

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

The things is though. Good QBs can over come these type of adversities and neither Mitch or Foles have ever shown that they could. Atleast not on a consistent basis anyhow. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

The things is though. Good QBs can over come these type of adversities and neither Mitch or Foles have ever shown that they could. Atleast not on a consistent basis anyhow. 

I agree to a degree but good QBs cannot overcome terrible OL play and basically a non existent running game. I don't care who you are. 

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

To add insult to injury Leonard Floyd has a career game against his former team and makes management look foolish for spending all that coin on Quinn and not a penny on the OL.

Floyd is not as bad as most Bears were making him out to be. I tried to point this out in the offseason. 

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I agree to a degree but good QBs cannot overcome terrible OL play and basically a non existent running game. I don't care who you are. 

I get that. What I'm saying is that a good QB can still show signs of being good enough to build around for a long time despite those discrepancies and neither Foles or Mitch have shown that. That's all I'm saying. 

Heres my thing with this team, we are pretty much the same as all the top half NFC teams, we arent crap but we arent perfect. We will make the playoffs and we will make the playoffs taking a chance on a guy who has gotten hot twice(including beating us and a Super Bowl MVP)

I legit got no clue whats going to happen next but we dont need to tank or whatever other crazy crap yall talking about. Tru was a misfire(but like I said earlier Watson is kind of bad now too) and Foles was a weird trade (but once again Cam looks bad now too).....the Bears were kind of always destined for this double digit win season with like maybe 1 playoff win....we got Foles hoping he could pull off one of his miracles and we will see.

Trying not to get too down on this loss, but it’s always tough to get over a prime time beating like this.  And that score is not even close to indicative of how badly the bears played.  

I know playoffs are still well within reach, but i can’t help but thinking of how this team improves moving forward.  They need probably 3-4 new OL (no way that all gets corrected in one offseason), a QB, and probably even a WR (my gut feeling is ARob is a goner after this year).  Pace is gonna have to get creative, especially with the cap anticipated to go down next year.