Rams vs Bears GT, 10/26, MNF

beardown3231

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Rams fans came in here in 2018 and talked about how the Rams offense was unstoppable and the Bears D had no shot to stop them. They said the same about 2019. That went well for them both times. Who cares what all 4 of their fans think anyhow?

I've got no hate for Rams fans... Went to that game in 2018, we were in a former Bears players' seat at the 50, but were for some reason surrounded by Rams fans, most of whom were from Missouri and had carried along after the city switch. Genuinely enjoyed chatting with them, we all gave a little **** but that small sample size has colored my take on them even though it seems like every year the Bears and Rams play and it ****s up someones season (the "stop the Rams" gameplan in 18, the final nail in Trubisky's coffin in 19)

The Rams are a lot like the Bears, in that you can find pretty vocal groups of people saying they're hugely overrated or actually pretty good. It's odd not to have a handle on teams 6 games in but here we are. I imagine that whoever wins this game  starts getting a little cred. Golly I hope we win just to watch people contorting themselves to explain how the Bears are actually still terrible

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I would be happy with Fields, myself. Or, probably, Brock Purdy. Maybe even Zach Wilson...

Ehh...it's all in good fun. 😉

Definitely all in good fun although that 2018 I’ve always been on the record of saying I hate the Rams playing on SNF. But yeah I really like Fields and I think the Bears should consider him in the draft. 

27 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Should I bench ARob tomorrow? Ramsey shut him down last year, and Ramsey knows ARob and Foles extremely well. Played against both in practice every day. Debating going AJ Green, but that’d be a huge gamble 

He will get a bunch of targets. It doesn’t matter who covers him. Our offense is bad and used him as a crutch.

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Should I bench ARob tomorrow? Ramsey shut him down last year, and Ramsey knows ARob and Foles extremely well. Played against both in practice every day. Debating going AJ Green, but that’d be a huge gamble 

Not that I expect that you will actually answer, but what is this based on? 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

6 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Definitely all in good fun although that 2018 I’ve always been on the record of saying I hate the Rams playing on SNF. But yeah I really like Fields and I think the Bears should consider him in the draft. 

Unless we fall apart badly in the 2nd half of the season, we're not going to have a pick soon enough to draft Fields. 

17 hours ago, Heinz D. said:
On 10/24/2020 at 2:11 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

Have you watched this offense? Designed RB/WR screens are a staple of Nagy's play-calling. Despite if it's working or not.

Actually, yeah, I have watched this offense, believe it or not. I was talking about how the Bears should run more traditional type screens, and actually said as much. The offensive line might not be the best, but I'm sure they could rumble around out there and run protection for Montgomery. I don't know if there's something about Nagy's offense that makes that sort of thing difficult, or what...

What does "traditional type screens" even mean? That's a very vague statement.  Elaborate on this.

You initially said the Bears rarely call a screen, but as I pointed out, Nagy actually does call screen plays at a much higher rate than most other teams do. That's all I'm saying. 

He calls them too much actually. Especially given our current offensive lineup that is not built for those type of plays. We have 2 QBs who can't read a defense or execute a simple game plan. We have interior lineman who struggle with pulling. We have WRs who have a hard time getting separation and breaking tackles after initial contact.

And It's been like this for 3 years now. And even when a RB/WR is put in a good position to get significant yardage on a screen then it's either a pulling guard or a failed block from a WR that derails it. 

12 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Rams fans came in here in 2018 and talked about how the Rams offense was unstoppable and the Bears D had no shot to stop them. They said the same about 2019. That went well for them both times. Who cares what all 4 of their fans think anyhow?

Wait, what? The 2019 game happened following a truly atrocious game against the Steelers when our OL was just about at its low point and most of us didn't trust our offense. I would be quite shocked if a bunch of Rams fans came in here talking about our offense being unstoppable in 2019.

17 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

If the Rams "win comfortably" I'll be absolutely shocked. The Bears pummeled Tom Brady into oblivion. They easily can do the same thing to Jared Goff. You'd best be saying your prayers to the football gods that Goff even makes it out of the game unharmed...

I don't like making predictions on final scores. But if McVay is smart about this game, he's going run heavy. That all said, Goff is a tough cookie. Good luck on Monday.

On 10/22/2020 at 8:57 AM, dll2000 said:

Game will be decided by turnovers I think.   Rams don’t have a great D, but it isn’t bad.   Bears should be able to score if wheels don’t come off bus with missed blocks.

How good is the Bears D? Because the Rams currently are giving up less passing yards per game, less rushing yards per game, less points per game, and less yards per play. Do the Rams have a better D? I don't know. They've played different schedules. We'll see how the year goes. But I sure as hell respect the Bears D. It seems like you might be selling us a bit short. I guess we'll see. Best of luck to y'all.

On 10/21/2020 at 8:06 PM, The_Romen said:

I really, REALLY liked Goff coming out. But he's trash. Mental midget.

Nah. He's really not. Dude is tough as nails and isn't afraid to shoot his way out of slump. He's rattled by pressure like most pocket passers, but I've never questioned his mental toughness. Fisher hung him out to dry in the worst sort of ways, and he didn't let that derail his career.

On 10/21/2020 at 12:51 PM, dll2000 said:

No.   He isn't even better than Foles IMO and he is crazy expensive to boot.

I think dumbest thing a team can do is pay a non-elite QB elite QB money.   I think Cowboys dodged a bullet with Prescott who is good, but not elite.

Jones is getting roasted, but he did right thing.   Where he screwed up was on gambling on retreads on DL and injury prone LBs and his high OL draft picks and resigns have not been able to stay healthy.   Now team is falling apart because team lacks discipline and is facing adversity.

Wait, what? That's an insane opinion.

On 10/21/2020 at 8:04 PM, The_Romen said:

Good lord no. Foles and goff are fairly similar. Foles is at least mentally tough and doesn't need his hand held. Tru and Goff may as well be the same person.

If Trubisky and Goff were the same person, Trubisky would still be starting, and the Bears would have made the playoffs last year. Where are the sane Bears fans?

• Like 1

This is great.  I picked Rams to win in a close game and I am still getting grief and name calling from Rams fans.  Worse than Philly or Cowboys fans (aside from this season where to them they are worst teams in NFL history).  

Only acceptable opinions apparently are Goff is awesome, Rams have best D in league and Rams will win in a blow out.

When people do bullet points on match ups this season they should always include wild card of how game will be called.

Many games this year across NFL have swung wildly or been kept close by bad officiating or bad rules being enforced badly.

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

How good is the Bears D?

Better than yours.  Though still highly vulnerable to inside runs.  

Because the Rams currently are giving up less passing yards per game, less rushing yards per game, less points per game, and less yards per play. Do the Rams have a better D? I don't know.

Yes you do.  Bears are objectively better D than Rams.  It is pure homerism to say otherwise.   I don’t care what stats say.  Stats are liars often.   Lies, damn lies and statistics.  

They've played different schedules.  

Yeah you are undefeated against NFCE which is collectively tanking.  Whoop de doo.   

We'll see how the year goes. But I sure as hell respect the Bears D. It seems like you might be selling us a bit short. I guess we'll see. Best of luck to y'all.

Nah. He's really not. Dude is tough as nails and isn't afraid to shoot his way out of slump. He's rattled by pressure like most pocket passers, but I've never questioned his mental toughness. Fisher hung him out to dry in the worst sort of ways, and he didn't let that derail his career.

He has a great arm which is why he was no. 1 pick.  But if he doesn’t have great players around him he is an extremely average QB and he plays extra bad under pressure without crutch of effective run game.  He would be awful on Bears.    Awful.  On Dallas right now he would quit the game.    He can’t play with a terrible O line.  

Wait, what? That's an insane opinion.

Okay. See above.  Put Goff on Bears and he would be hot garbage.  I can’t prove it, but I know it.  It isn’t insane.  Think what you want.

If Trubisky and Goff were the same person, Trubisky would still be starting, and the Bears would have made the playoffs last year. Where are the sane Bears fans?

Goff is better than Trubisky, but he is a middle tier NFL QB at best and in no way could succeed with a bad O line and no running game.

Goff is 100x better than Foles.

Our defense is our only hope. They need to have a dominant game against the Rams. They have generally made Goff play like trash and we need that to continue.

On offense I am not sure what they should do. Scratch and claw to get to 20 points and hope the defense holds 

• Like 1