Week 7 GDT - New England Patriots vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

When did Jimmy ward get hurt? 

Both starting safties are out 

Ugh

Is it weird that, as bad as it sucks that Ward and Tartt are out, I still pretty excited to see what Moore and Harris can do? They will probably bring Cyprien up as well......we are still good at safety.

1 hour ago, P_locniners said:

Is it weird that, as bad as it sucks that Ward and Tartt are out, I still pretty excited to see what Moore and Harris can do? They will probably bring Cyprien up as well......we are still good at safety.

I am excited to see Moore, but he's definitely not an upgrade, so that doesn't help us. 

Harris is terrible and shouldn't even be on the roster 

1 hour ago, P_locniners said:

It definitely is for Harris lol 

38 minutes ago, N4L said:

I am excited to see Moore, but he's definitely not an upgrade, so that doesn't help us. 

Moore might be one over the way Ward played up until the Rams game. Ward’s been flying hot garbage most of the time as a high safety this year. He’s still useful dropping down as an extra slot defender - he’s sticky and tackles reliably - but man has he been giving up wide gaping open double moves and such when isolated deep down the field against a receiver. Now, that may always have been a problem that wasn’t exploited last year, but it’s been pretty gross this year, imo. 

19 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Supposedly Ward has been one of the worst safeties this season. I think PFF had him ranked 80 out of 83 or whatever. Maybe Moore actually helps. Couldn't get much worse I guess. Harris playing again sucks though. Tartt is actually still ballin. 

Yeah I don/t see that at all Ward has looked good unless im blind and stupid lool

7 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

Yeah I don/t see that at all Ward has looked good unless im blind and stupid lool

He's been making some bad reads and hadn't tracked the ball well, whether it be the run or the pass. Given up some big completions by diagnosising concepts a tick too late.

Curious to see if Moore could make things interesting for Saleh moving forward. This is his opportunity to make resigning Ward look like a mistake. This also an audition to see if we chose to play him next year instead of resigning Tartt. Alot at stake for Moore's Niner career these next couple of weeks.

On 10/23/2020 at 6:09 PM, N4L said:

Yeah.. the downgrade from Ward to Moore is not as tragic as the downgrade from Tartt to Harris... We're going to have a few shots of him whiffing on both balls and ball carriers.

Honestly, I don't see our D doing well tomorrow. And I can see Belichik giving our O a lot of problems... not a good recipe.

Wilson is active but it will be interesting to see who starts between McKinnon and Hasty. Shanahan thinks they overused McKinnon against the Eagles and his legs haven't recovered since that game. So I guess even if he starts, he won't get more than 9-10 carries. 

I'm calling it @Forge, this is the game where Jimmy takes multiple shots, including one early in the game! 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wilson is active but it will be interesting to see who starts between McKinnon and Hasty. Shanahan thinks they overused McKinnon against the Eagles and his legs haven't recovered since that game. So I guess even if he starts, he won't get more than 9-10 carries. 

I'm calling it @Forge, this is the game where Jimmy takes multiple shots, including one early in the game! 

Unless they have a bottle of booze on the sideline or the O-line craps the bed again i don't expect many shots with Jimmy involved.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I called it during the podcast...Jimmy makes 2 Yolo throws lol